News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Iraqi Rank shoulder slides

Paul R

Guest IMHF

These ranks sets were manufactured in Germany during the 1980’s for harsh battlefield conditions during the Iran war from 1980-88. They were made from nylon to keep them looking good even if they were soaked in wet from the rain and mud endured in combat.

Thank you

Lorenzo

• Replies 116
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest IMHF

These ranks sets were manufactured in Germany during the 1980's for harsh battlefield conditions during the Iran war from 1980-88. They were made from nylon to keep them looking good even if they were soaked in wet from the rain and mud endured in combat.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Here is another example.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Guest IMHF

Here are some of the new 2010 Iraqi Rank sets that are coming out for the Democratic Iraq.

You can see that Iraqi is adapting to the digital cammo to their uniformed services. The new democratic Slogan is added to the rank sets. They are of a Very nice quality as you can see in the images provided.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

They are rendered deputy officer shoulder boards.

Bob

Bob

How are you doing, I was wondering if you could give us some information on this type of Shoulder Boards. I believe that they are for a Team leader or Section Sergeant I am not sure.

Thank you

Lorenzo

Lorenzo,

I noticed in post # 4, you have two Kuwaiti items mixed in with your Iraqi display.

Bob

QUOTE (Paul R @ Mar 12 2009, 11:00 ) Hi Lorenzo,

Who is William?

I was not asking about Saddam's personal insignia. I was asking about shoulder boards from the time period between Desert Storm and OIF. How can I tell the difference between insignia made during the "Saddam" time period and the repros being sold by that Company?

Paul

look at the stars, they have a stitch line across them and the eagle has drawn out detail, The higher ranks use briter gold color yellow with the flag pattern in color, the flag design is across not down. I seen them in my friends collection in Baghdad, none of them were for sell. They had very beautiful detail, many Iraqi officers don't care where the rank insignia came from they just wear it, I have been seeing that a lot here latley very cheap looking: I met the Field Marshal of the 10th IA Divison his looked very nicely detailed.

Paul try to get you a set from Trident Militaria he can get you the closes to the real thing:

Lorenzo

This is a Army Lieutenant Colonel who has completed the Officer Staff College, gilt on green shoulder board made by the Iraqi Official Military Sewing Factory.

Still very good quality and velvety wide red stripe.

Bob

Hello,

i know, this was done by the germany supplier.

Thanks

lpr19e

Elvis,

This is the problem we have with trying to figure out who made what. My friend in Iraq says the shoulder boards were made in Iraq by the Official Military Sewing Factory and you are sure they were done by the German Supplier. There isn't a stamp or manufacturer's tag on them to prove either way. If we knew the German SB's had a reinforced lining on the inside on all of them, that would definitely help for identification. I respect your response but how are we to know 100% either way?

Bob

Hello,

i know, this was done by the germany supplier.

Thanks

lpr19e

Guest IMHF

Lorenzo,

I noticed in post # 4, you have two Kuwaiti items mixed in with your Iraqi display.

Bob

Bob

The display was a friend’s that I used to show some of the fakes and the original Iraqi rank sets. If you look at the image you will see the writing stating so.

Thank you for the reply

Lorenzo

• 1 month later...
    Guest IMHF

I just picked these boards up a few days ago they are in very nice well used condition.

Thank you for viewing

Lorenzo

• 8 months later...
    • 2 weeks later...

The tan ones with metal insignia are recent issues, I was told.

The thick cotton Field Marshal ranks are something I have certainly never seen before, and are an addition to my growing collection of dubious FM epaulettes of all styles!

Paul, what do you think of the cabinet minister and party epaulettes I posted earlier on?

The field Marshal slides are cool, but I do not know if they are the real deal or not. I have never seen that style of embroidery on an Iraqi board. I have never seen any confirmed originals of this Saddam Level rank slide, so I do know if it is real or not. It is still cool and would love to have a set myself.

The cabinet level boards are very tough... but I like what I see so far. Can you please post a close up of the flag portion of both? There are differences I have noticed between the trident repros and the originals.

And here are two more sets of military ranks to confuse things even further!

First, a set of Lieutenant General epaulettes:

iraq-LG-obv.jpg

iraq-LG-rev.jpg

And then the Field Marshal epaulettes done in the same style:

iraq-fm2-obv.jpg

iraq-fm2-rev.jpg

I like what I see in the cabinet level slides. I have never seen embroidery or reverse assembly as presented on the generals slides. I notice the complete lack of a chest shield on the eagles. I will ask a more exprienced hand to chime in.