News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photo: The Mountain Air Force

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Doppelg?nger of my Hollywood producer 1st cousin ... when he was about 13!!!

Undated, but stamped by the Air Force Academy for "5th year student Engineer Military Technician 2nd Rank" (!) A. V. Borzunov.

M1935 tunic... aside from the STARTLING Anglo-Irish family resemblance.... :sleep: ???

Closer...

CLOSER...

I can't do anything better with the contrast from the original, but there are snowy mountain peaks under a mountaineering pick, with two rows of letters underneath. Looks like the final line may be some sort of abbreviation ending in "D."

First time I've ever seen a mountain climbing pin on a pre-war Soviet uniform-- let alone being worn by an AIR FORCE technical officer!

First time I've ever seen a mountain climbing pin on a pre-war Soviet uniform-- let alone being worn by an AIR FORCE technical officer!

Look at this 1942 photo: A.A.Mostinsky - general staff officer, 224 assault air division; "climber, 2nd degree" badge was given to A.A.Mostinsky in 1938; year of enlistment - 1941.

Edited by redarm