News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Just trying out a new camera...

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch:

Aaahhhhhhhwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Tell me when there's something that will do that with one button pushed, requiring neither advanced skills or talent. Then I'll have one of what you got. :cheers:

J T-W,

Looks like it's going well so far! I feel your pain though because there are so many settings that, without a real in depth knowledge of cameras and photography, it's difficult to know what does what!

The problem I have with my camera is that I need to remove the battery to recharge and as the internal battery no longer seems to function, every time I need to recharge I lose my settings as the camera re-sets. :speechless:

Then I have to start fiddling all over again. I should really write the setting down.

Rich

Time for a service, Rich. Had the same problem with my last camera.

Most digital SLR?s will only let you go to ISO 200. Luckily this new Nikon D90 allows you to force ISO 100.

The settings for the Ob?s badge were ISO 100, f/5.6 at 1/125. Of course these would chance according to the lens used.

Lens used: Nikon prime lens ? 60mm f/2.8 Macro.

Totally nothing to do with our collecting, but thought you would like to see what this piece of kit can do at long range.

I?ve had to cut the file size by 2/3rd?s for the forum (this goes for all the photos shown) so the following are not as sharp as shot?

Lens on all three of the following: Nikon?s 55 -200mm VR.

Hi John !

Great shots with a very good SLR .

I use Canon most because I had a lot of Lens`s in the EF serie that I also can use on my digital SLR .

On details You shoud try to use a tripod of good quality , I use Manfrotto tripod .

Use only the natural daylight , set opening time to about 20 sec. dont thouch the Camera use a remote control to take the pics . And no Flash .

Try to adjust opening time both ways , steps in 1 or 2 sec .

This will give a great deept in the photo`s on macro pics , about 3- 4 cm from the Lens .

PS ! This can only be done on "stillstanding" motives .

PS ! Also using a Macro Lens Canon EF 60mm / 2.8

Jan Arne

NB ! Pics taken for Gordon for his comming Book . Original sice is 1520 x 1605

Edited by Jan Arne S

Hi John !

Great shots with a very good SLR .

I use Canon most because I had a lot of Lens`s in the EF serie that I also can use on my digital SLR .

On details You shoud try to use a tripod of good quality , I use Manfrotto tripod .

Use only the natural daylight , set opening time to about 20 sec. dont thouch the Camera use a remote control to take the pics . And no Flash .

Try to adjust opening time both ways , steps in 1 or 2 sec .

This will give a great deept in the photo`s on macro pics , about 3- 4 cm from the Lens .

PS ! This can only be done on "stillstanding" motives .

Jan Arne

NB ! Pics taken for Gordon for his comming Book . Original sice is 1520 x 1605

Hello!

Jan Arne

Very good. :jumping::jumping::jumping:

All the best

Nesredep