News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Honor cross for next of kin

Jacques

Stan:

The eagles have the same design as our ones, except the eagles swastika which is not cut out; but the eagles head is the same.

I have another one the same in my files, which presents the same details at the top of the wing, the color become grey when soldered.

jacques

• Replies 64
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for th pictures

I never get such one in hand , but they are reputed original.

Personnally, I prefer the other one design which seems more detailled.

Jacques

Jacques,

Interestingly, Klietmann shows an example without cut-out swastikas in his book "Deusche Auszeichnungen" printed in 1957. The example Forman shows in his book "Guide to Third Reich German Awards" Vol. 2 is the cross in my collection.

Stan

Che,

Here is another shot. What point are you making?

Stan

Stan, I shall try to make good photos of this detail.

regards

Che

P.S. Niemann shows in his book an example without cut-out swastikas too (example in box).

Guest WAR LORD

The comment,"Interestingly, Klietmann shows an example without cut-out swastikas in his book "Deusche Auszeichnungen" printed in 1957. " is interesting, but if you notice the picture has been croped. Thus it is more likly that the picture shown has the segmented swastikas.

The comment,"Interestingly, Klietmann shows an example without cut-out swastikas in his book "Deusche Auszeichnungen" printed in 1957. " is interesting, but if you notice the picture has been croped. Thus it is more likly that the picture shown has the segmented swastikas.

Chris,

I beg to differ.

In both the above book and also in Klietmann's book "Auszeichnungen des Deutschen Reiches 1936-1945" he shows examples of pin-back Spanish Crosses with cut out swastikas as well as an Honour Cross for Next of Kin with a solid swastika. Why would Klietmann "crop" the Next of Kin and not the other Spanish Crosses?

Maybe you are right and I am wrong but to me the pictures are quite clear.

As well as Forman, Nimmergut and Niemann also show examples of the Honour Crosss for Next of Kin with solid swastikas.

Stan

Stan, could you make better close up of an eagle and of the center circle ?

jacques

Jacques,

Herewith are the shots you requested. Unfortunately my camera cannot take closer shots. Incidentally, the cross and ring weigh 12,3g.

Stan

• 15 years later...

I recently bought a medal which I believe is a genuine Spanish Honour Cross, Next of Kin award.

It is roughly 41mm across and weighs around 12gm. Is this the norm??

All the photos I am seeing online, show the small swastikas as a solid from behind, whereas mine has cut outs.
    Is this something I should be worried about?

I have seen a thread on here, where there is one still cased, and that has the cut out swastikas but it's the only example other than mine that does.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.....

Thank You

Fatman.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/otpezg3rzne29rt/NOK.mp4?dl=0