News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Reichswehr Uniforms

The one that catches the eye is the tall officer in the front row. Amongst all the 8 button front unics, he alone seems to have a five button front tunic with open lapels.

Hello!

Interesting Photo. :cheers:

All the best

Nesredep

The one that catches the eye is the tall officer in the front row. Amongst all the 8 button front unics, he alone seems to have a five button front tunic with open lapels.

Hi Gordon!

I was about to comment on that individual. I had no idea this style of tunic was even available for German troops at this point. I was under the impression that it didn't come around until the late mid to late thirties, and then mostly for SS, SD, and SA troops rather than army.

Any idea what this would have been? A private purchase type?

Guest Rick Research

:Cat-Scratch: Yegods!!! :speechless1:

That obviously buttoned up another buttonhole space BUT the collar CANNOT have folded over to look like the other standing collars-- it must have lain there FLAT--BIZARRE.

No indication of actual UNIT?

It seems to me there are far to many NCOs-- perhaps some sort of training course?

Mister M1945 ( :speechless1: x100) is wearing an Oldenburg Friedrich August Cross and 1918 Wound Badge with what SEEMS to be one of the "R" Horsemanship badges-- cane yu zoom in a bit on that. Looks like the oriuginal is too fuzzy to get more detail, but I can't tell if he is a Hauptmann or a Major. The guy to the left-- his right-- appears to be a Saxon, with Iron Cross etc partway down his ribbon bar. That again suggests some sort of school rather than one of the still "sgeregated" Reichsheer units with personnel separated along the old Imperial kingdoms lines.

I can't imagine what he thought he was doing, or who allowed him to wear that. Unless it is the M1934 test uniform that never gained approval?

Weird beyond weird! :cheers:

As far as I know souch type of uniform was introduced for experimental purposes in the late 20ths/early 30ths but never was introduced. Today?s german Bundeswehr parade uniforms look?s the same way.

Will take a look in the Kraus-Book of Reichswehr uniforms this evening.

Gru? Stefan