News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Commemorative medal for the 300th Anniversary Of The Russian Navy

TacHel

Instituted on 10 February 1996 by decree of the President of the Russian Federation.

Awarded for naval service if previously decorated with a state award and faultless service on ships or as part of a Naval Aviation crew for 10 years, or in other parts of the navy for 20 years, to naval veterans of the Great Patriotic War, naval researchers and members of expeditionary fleets who were awarded state awards and worked flawlessly for 15 years or more, designers, developers, managers of design offices, research institutions and organizations, educational institutions, heads of the central government shipbuilding industries, any major professions directly involved in the construction and repair of ships and vessels, heads of research institutes, marine academic institutions, who were awarded state awards and worked flawlessly for more than 20 years.

• 4 years later...

Gentlemen, I show you my medal for the 300th Anniversary of the Russian Navy with the document of assignment

It has a diameter of 32 mm and is made of Tombak, an alloy of copper and zinc with silver finish.

No longer awarded

« 300 лет Российскому флоту »

q7yl.jpg

The Document

kz67.jpg

Assigned to:
    Сивухин ...... Sivukhin
    Владимир ...... Vladimir
    Константинович ...... Konstantinovich
    Given by:
    Президент российской федерации ...... President of the Russian Federation
    Ельцин ...... Boris Nikolayevich Yeltsin

Excellent piece Sergio!

Made by Leningrad Mint (ЛМД mark on ring)

Now you need to find piece that was made by Moscow Mint.

It will have mark ММД at the bottom of reverse.

Another stable characteristic of Moscow vs. Leningrad is packaging.

Leningrad pieces packed in plastic while Moscow pieces in white cardboard cases.

Regards,

Nick

Excellent piece Sergio!

Made by Leningrad Mint (ЛМД mark on ring)

Now you need to find piece that was made by Moscow Mint.

It will have mark ММД at the bottom of reverse.

Another stable characteristic of Moscow vs. Leningrad is packaging.

Leningrad pieces packed in plastic while Moscow pieces in white cardboard cases.

Regards,

Nick

Thank you Nick

hope soon i will find a moscow set + little box ;)

I prefer LMD, better quality, but as a collector i must have the MMD version with doc :)

I heard about the silver version but i never saw, the info that i have is that is made in Tombak and cover with silver, like silver plated..

about how many where minted i have no idea

from moscow you dont have any info about this?

aahha yes is true but i think if you go with medal out of russia you will have problem, russia to russia i think is ok collect RF and soviet items,

sometimes i buy online from Russia

i ask you to show because you have probably a specific cabinet for orders and medals and i was curious to see

Tell you the truth it doesn't matter if you are on your way "out" or you are selling real soviet/RF awards inside Russia.

If authorities catch you in the act there will be "troubles" ...

Another thing is selling these unofficial trinkets like MVD, Ministry of Defence, etc "awards" or ex-official medals.

i ask you to show because you have probably a specific cabinet for orders and medals

Probably :lol:

P.S. I bet Paul has like three or maybe even five such cabinets :whistle:

Hi, there!

Do I make a mistake, or the authentic ones are made of sterling silver?.. I write this because I think I've seen one on a wellknown auction site, last year.

Phil, official material for this one was silvered tombac.

Direct quote from original statute "Юбилейная медаль "300 лет Российскому флоту" из томпака с серебрением"

Personally I've never seen such medal in silver ;)

Edited by JapanX

Sergio, the best cabinets for medals are the 18th-19th century collectors cabinets which were often used for gems,cameos,mineralogical specimens etc. The one I have, which is early 19th century glass fronted, cost me £150, I already have about 500 British India related campaign medals in there and there is room for at leat the same amount again. Not ony do they hold a good ammount they look much more attractive than the modern formica crap.

Paul