News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

French badge ESG, military academy/staff college

MASteel

Dear all,

I've been told that these badges on picture were issued for graduates from "Ecole Sup?rieure de Guerre", French military academy/staff college (located in Paris) in 1920's and/or 1930's.

Can someone confirm this? At least letters on badge match the French name of the school..

How long these badges were given to graduates, I mean with this design? This one pictured was for a graduate from 45th Promotion, years in school were 1923-1925.

Also, this one pictured in here could be available if I make a good offer for the owner... what would be the ballpark figure for it?

Thanks for your help!

Miikka

• 2 weeks later...

...here is the reverse (recipients name removed as requested by current owner).

Hello Miikka,

I confirm your identification ... ESG = Ecole Superieure de Guerre

Best regards .. Herve

Edited by half12

Hello Miikka,

I confirm your identification ... ESM = Ecole Superieure de Guerre

Best regards .. Herve

Thanks Herve!

Do you have any other information regarding this badge:

How rare it is, how long this design was used and what would be fair price for it?

Thanks,

Miikka

Hello again Miikka,

I will not be much more helpful for the moment...

It is a rare, interesting id'd badge, the owner could have been a general in ww2 ...

Sure that the design did not survived ww2, and the current design is different.

In my point of view, the price depends of the name of the owner ... I will try to find more informations.

Best regards .. Herve

Hello again Miikka,

I will not be much more helpful for the moment...

It is a rare, interesting id'd badge, the owner could have been a general in ww2 ...

Sure that the design did not survived ww2, and the current design is different.

In my point of view, the price depends of the name of the owner ... I will try to find more informations.

Best regards .. Herve

Hello Herve!

I know that recipient was not a general during/after the war!

With rgds & thanks,

Miikka

• 4 weeks later...