News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Silver 1887 jubilee

Has anyone else seen the Silver 1887 + bar, Met Police Jubilee on Ebay? The medal is named to PC Snell 3rd Divn. I've seen this before , and it wasn't silver.... and the fact that there was only a small amount of these medals given out and always to Senior Ranks.... beware! ohmy.gif

Guest pikemedals

HI JOHN, I GUESS ITS WAS NOT SILVER. THANKS FOR THE WARNING.I DO LIKE THE NUMBERS DIVISON ON THE MET POLICE MEDALS.THAT WHY I PUT A BID ON IT.I GOT A LIST FOR THE 1902 SILVER CORONATION POLICE MEDAL.FOR THE MET & CITY OF LONDON. WHO WANTS A COPY. I WILL SEND THEM ONE.

PS THE SITE BEEN A BIT QUIET LATELY.I DO LOOK AT THE SITE EVERY DAY COLLECTING MEDALS CAN BE FUN. LAST MONTH I GOT A WW1 PAIR TO A SOUTH AFRICAN WITH 9 PAGES OF PAPER WORK SAYING HE HAD 2 LOT OF VD IN 1918 AND HE WAS MARRIED WHAT A CHAP TTFN PAUL

Hi Paul,
    Glad to be of service. I'm going to see if I can find where I saw it. It may have been a DNW/ SPINK etc, so I can hopefully provide solid evidence.
    I have certainly never heard of one with a bar.
    I would certainly appreciate a copy of the 1902 Role.
    John :food-smiley-004:

I have seen several 1887/97 medals that have been silvered and I once had a 1897. The 1887/97 were never issued in solid silver only bronze to all ranks. The silvering is a poor plating which I believe was a period trend with officers silvering them for asthetic reasons. You sometimes see them gilded as well. Why they did it I am not sure.

• 2 weeks later...