News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

U-170 Doc Grouping with Tradition Badge

I have had this U-170 grouping for several years now, but just purchased two photos of the owner recently. The grouping was to Willy Prediger, a Maschinenmaaten on the boat.

The soldbuch has all of Prediger's awards entered, including the U-Boots-Frontspange in Silber.

First, here are the photos recently purchased on eBay. I discovered that these photos were tied to Prediger about three hours before the auction closed, so was very lucky to get them.

Guest Rick Research

Hallelujahs indeed! :jumping::jumping::jumping::cheers:

ESPECIALLY since his photo had been pulled out of the Soldbuch. Twice as fortunate, you are. :catjava:

Had any luck with the lottery lately? Those are some odds you've overcome. Congratulations!

Joe and Rick,

Thanks for the kind words.

eBay has produced some great photos, although it is a pain to troll through all of the junk. I found photos of Heinz Geissler, U-390 CO, on eBay as well. I have his white tunic. It's great to tie named pieces in one's collection to a face.

Best Regards,

Erik

What a great score! Very well done indeed. I particularly like the traditions badge and flotilla insignia. The subject of traditions badges throughout the wehrmacht is i think one of the great unresearched subjects. A good amount has been done on the U-bootwaffe but little else beyond that.