News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wilhelm Schnepper Grouping

Guest Darrell

I recently obtained a grouping from Detlev. I was after the nice minty Silver DRL, but got the following paperwork as well. I can identify the stuff related to the DRL, but am rather new to the other documents.

I would appreciate if someone could ID what the different booklets / items are and what they mean?

Thanks.

1. Silver DRL Obverse and Reverse:

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

2. Several Pages of a Booklet. This is one thing I need help with. What is it, what are the stamps inside? Any idea why they ended in mid 1942 (conscripted into service? KIA?). I would like as much info as possible. Thanks.

Guest Darrell

d. A few pages skipped between bottom 2 pictures ... they were the same, but no entries.

Edited by Darrell

Guest Rick Research

Metalworker, born 6 October 1904 in L?denscheid.

The first red booklet is his membership dues book in the German Labor Front (D.A.F.), the compulsory "all union" for workers under the Third Reich. It shows that he had previously belonged to the Association of German Metal Workers from 1924-34, until the D.A.F. superceded all independent unions.

There is a pasted in notice that as a Party member/functionary, his compulsory contributions were being increased effective on 1 April 1940. This "little bit extra" went right into the pockets of Robert Ley and the other Nazi bigwigs. For them, it was nice-- while it lasted.

This was an effective means of extorting cash from the entire working population, no exemptions, no evasions, no appeals.

The blank pink card is membership in the "Sport Friends '08 Club," but shows no dues paid.

They were the sponsoring organization when he got Silver DRL Sports Badge #28512 on 29.10.36, at which time he must have been doing some sort of reserve military training, from his army uniform.

The complete current regulations are shown in that for winning each grade of the badge. It lists the different categories of tests and the minimum requirements for enough points in each. The actual five tests are attested on the days he took them, and he received the badge.

The dues running out in June 1942 because he was called up "for military service."

Guest Darrell

Outstanding Rick !!! I really appreciate it :cheers: A very nice description that I can print off and keep with the grouping for future reference .....

hmmm .... this award document stuff is starting to appeal to me :rolleyes: