News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

.800 incused ek1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Eric

I really like the detail on these crowns and the mounting system for the pin and hinge, it's like a reinforced version. Any idea about the hole that's in the frame?

I think this is an unknown mark.

Chris, I"ve got an 1870 medal bar, & the EK is stablized by some thread that's passed through two small holes that were drilled through the frame. I'm thinking that the hole on this EK1 was probably for the same reason.

Edited by Nick Link

• 5 months later...

This is what I refer to as the generic "slant W" core (look at the top middle stroke of the W) and was used by MANY manufacturers. The core detail on this type is excellent. Identifying a manufacturer from an unmarked example can sometimes be guessed by the hardware, but in this case nothing comes to mind. I don't recall seeing the "dimple" feature before, so another variant to keep an eye out for!

Regards

Mike