Funny how when you are looking for something for such a long time and then another one comes along. 

They are like hens teeth though.  Much like the Prinz Eugen tallies.  They are few and far between. Really interesting to see both a cotton and metal thread version of this ship.  BTW.  This is the last named ship that had a tally constructed, before the OKM issued orders to produce only Kriegsmarine tallies for security purposes. 

Zerstörer Anton Schmitt front Metallfaden.JPG

Anton Schmitt 1.jpg

Hi Justin - I started reading your thread and I expected to see what you termed a "meager" collection of KM tallies. What I actually see here is an A-MA-ZING collection of tallies!  I've never even seen some the examples you have in your collection.  Holy Moses... very impressive!  Thanks for sharing these pictures.  Simi.    

Edited by Simius Rex

I appreciate you checking out my collection and the other fine examples posted here. 
One of my favorite aspects of collecting.  Sometimes it seems like an underappreciated area of collecting.

Best Regards,

JustinG

Well, I have three Prinz Eugen tallies. I picked up a lovely tellermütze recently.  It doesn't have the national cockade or the eagle as this was a hat that was used during the war and also post war, from the crew that helped sail the Kriegsmarine Prinz Eugen to become the USS Prinz Eugen.  Here is my Tellermütze

Prinz Eugen Tellermütze with white Boardmütze JustinG.jpg

Hello JustinG,

Stunning Justin.Now you need to start collecting period pictures Mützenbander in wear photo of all your Mützenbander!

Cheers,Morten.

That is a VERY nice and impressive collection, Justin!!!

Many nice cap tallies shown here.

Does anyone know where to find an original Kreuzer Prinz Eugen?