News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A few more Yugoslavia medals

Can anyone tell me the criteria for award of the various Yugoslavian medals - I know that, for example, medals were awarded for various anniverseries connected with WWII & the armed forces etc, but who were actually awarded them? Serving personnel, veterans?

Awarding criteria for Order for Bravery are here in this thread: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3580...rt=#entry334228

As far I know, during the WWII and shortly after the war the awards has been granted upon individual merits. You will find sometime even short description written manually on awarding document.

Till 1964 the granting of the 'war awards' for war merits has been completed.

With the time granting of awards took place during important state or personal events like birthday of awarder or anniversary of creation of JNA at 22.12.1941, ...

waldemar

Awards for civil merits, are in a large percentage (around 99%) given for multi-year work and results, and very little for individual acts, labor and other achievements.

Mass granting of awards in post-war years (1945-1950) influenced the granting of awards for war merits by the granting of awards for merits for shock workers on the reconstruction of the country.

At that time, a moral recognition, especially awards, were a significant stimulus for commitment and work achievements.

Later (especially 1961-1964) higher awards has been assigned for war and civil merits on the occasion of the 20 anniversary of the uprising and the great battles and other events from national liberation war.

The count of granted orders and their structure, ie, whether there was more orders (and which class) or more medals in certain periods depends, on the limitation of budget funds planned for the awards.