Gentlemen,

Question please. Under what circumstances, if any, would you accept a 7 place ribbon bar with a Blood Order ribbon & device (3rd place) followed by two SS devices. 1st gold then silver, both embroided. 6th place is 25 year NSDAP device only. No 15 or 10 year following.

It's my understanding that the Blood Order was not authorized for wear on a ribbon bar as was two SS devices. However, is it possible for a genuine ribbon bar with these devices to exsist even for Hitler's inner circle of friends?

Thanks.

Regards,

AB.

Edited by andrewb

The Blood Order was never authorized for ribbon bar wear, yet the repeated Official Statements forbidding that point to ongoing flouting of the regulations. I have one in a boring Luftwaffe reserve officer's bar undoubtedly worn on a Fliegerbluse without upper pockets.

The combination mentioned is frankly freakishly improbable, but without scans of front and back to illuminate points, can't say anything further. Given the quite restricted sub-set of SS personnel who qualified for the "SS" long service awards I very much doubt whether ANYONE ever got the SS "25."

In all my years (40+) collecting, I have seen ONE double SS ribbon bar that was real-- to an NCO (photographed wearing it) but also... completely contrary to regulations.

I've had this ribbon bar in my hand a few weeks ago and although my knowledge of ribbon bars is limited I couldn't see any red flags with it except of course the matter of which I have raised. It is owned by one of the few very highly knowledgeable dealers, IMO the most knowledgeable. However he is human and I'm sure he has been wrong in the past. I just can't imagine he would have it in his collection if he wasn't 100% sure of its originality. It is for sale for a very large amount.

Next is to take some photos of it which I hope to do in 4-5 weeks.

Regards,

AB.

If it is for sale--for a very large amount--it's not in his "collection," it's in his merchandise stock. :catjava:

Would be interested-- as the most knowledgeable collector of German ribbon bars on Planet Earth (and the most humble. I have ONE talent and that's it, alas. :rolleyes: )--in PM re who you would consider "the most knowledgeable" dealer of same. :beer:

Would be interested-- as the most knowledgeable collector of German ribbon bars on Planet Earth (and the most humble. I have ONE talent and that's it, alas. :rolleyes: )

Rick,

I totally agree with your humble statement. That's why I've posted the question only on this forum. :D

Everything in his collection is for sale.........for a price.

Regards,

AB.

Edited by andrewb