News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello

I am seeking information on this division, 1917.....from what I gather it was a Prussian division and its recruits were from all areas of Prussia.

From what I gather it was a brigade made up from:

1.Gd .Res.

2. Gd. Res.

64 Res.

7 Gd Art.Command

1 Gd Res F.A. Regt.

Gd Res. Dragoon

2nd and 3rd Field Cos. (1 Eng. Battalion 28)

401 Tel. Detch

5 Gd T.M.Co

206 Ambulance Co.

395 Field Hospital

Vet. Hospital

I am seeking info on this division. The place where the recruits for these various units would have trained in Prussia? Magdeburg seems to come to mind but not sure which unit?

If locations can be confirmed of these various units are the barracks still standing today?

In 1914 they were part of the 2nd army under 'von Beulow' in Belgium. 1915 the division were in Poland, Smorgoni, France and Cambrai. 1916, Artois, Somme, Flanders. 1917, I have them in Somme, Artois, Flanders, Artois, Lens. 1918, Lens, Carvin, Somme, Le Bassee, Gramont, Cambrai. It is the year of 1917 that I am trying to research in particular,their time in Artois after the Somme (about April-May) under whose command where they under, in Artois?

If anyone can help me out I would be well happy as I have hit a wall with this!!! :banger: My head is gonna explode!!!

Regards

Rob

Edited by EuRob

Does anybody have any pics of General Major Paul Tiede as I think he was in charge of this division from Jan 1917 until the end of the war. He was also a PLM recipient (17.04.18) so may be pics out there? also if anybody has any pics of this division also?

Cheers :cheers:

Rob

Edited by EuRob

No pics of Gen Maj Paul Tiede?

Ok, how about a pic of-- Major Richard Moeller (2 GRIR) awarded 20th May 1917, One Division Pour le Merite awarded in the May 1917 fighting

Or Viktor Albrecht who was commander of this division up until 1917.