News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Generalmajor Eduard Freiherr von Albori

Guest Rick Research

Guest Rick Research

Unfortunately these have been lavishly :speechless: glued down to an album page, but the pair of nice portraits wouldn't have helped me much without his calling card too!

I'm having trouble with the 4 (?) "different kinds" of Austro-Hungarian army and their mutually exclusive (?) Lists, so what I've found with my new refernce sources is:

Oberst 01.08.14

Oberstleutnant iG 01.11.11

Hauptmann 1st Class 01.11.98

1914-- Inf Rgt 59: ?M3, Bronze Signum Laudis-peacetime ribbon, XXV, 1898, 1908, 1912-13

1915 "Golden Book" ?EK3K and ?M3K in 1915 as General Staff officer 4th Army Corps

Photo dated "Udine Mai 1918"

and the other portrait:

So-- he made Generalmajor 1917/18

His other awards are

?EK2K at neck, and in "reduced clutter" wear from ribbons--

?M3K, Bronze Signum Laudis (!) on war ribbon, XXV Years Service, Troop Cross, "Prinzchen" sized Prussiaan EK2

pinbak: Prussian EK1

He doesn't appear on Glenn's website, so I hope this is of some ineterest to you K.u.k. guys. :beer:

Guest Rick Research

:cheers: Thanks Glenn! You Permanently Situated with all your references to hand?

(I'm living amongst heaps of semi-sorted boxes. :speechless1::cheeky: )