News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Russian awards

Christophe

Yes, and also probably because this guy has no other Order to wear on his left chest...

Ch.

Christophe, look carefully at the pics you posted...

Sergei Chemezov is wearing the Order of St Nicholas on his right chest!

And in Roman's pics, Lieutenant General Alexander Viktorovich Galkin isn't the only one wearing the order, so is Colonel general Sergey Afanasevich Makarov (right chest).

It might not be recognized by the government "yet", but it's recognized by the highest patriarch of the Russian Orthodox church... I think it only a matter of time until the government caves in to the church on this one...

What is your opinion Roman?

• Replies 65
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Christophe, look carefully at the pics you posted... (...)

Fran?ois,

I meant he would probably have worn his official Orders first on his left chest... if only he had some... :rolleyes:

Cheers.

Ch.

Oh I know bud, I only pointed it out to you because I was really surprised that he too had it.

I've spent the last 2 days researching this Grand Duchess... Quite the incredible story! Probably worth a dedicated thread!

Christophe, look carefully at the pics you posted...

Sergei Chemezov is wearing the Order of St Nicholas on his right chest!

And in Roman's pics, Lieutenant General Alexander Viktorovich Galkin isn't the only one wearing the order, so is Colonel general Sergey Afanasevich Makarov (right chest).

It might not be recognized by the government "yet", but it's recognized by the highest patriarch of the Russian Orthodox church... I think it only a matter of time until the government caves in to the church on this one...

What is your opinion Roman?

Religious awards allow to carry on a military uniform.

Hi Roman,

Very nice pics of this story :

"Five members of a British submarine rescue team were presented with awards by the President of Russia, Vladimir Putin in recognition of their life saving role in the rescue of AS28 Prize, a stricken Russian Submersible.

At a ceremony at Number 10 Downing Street at midday on 5 October 2005, Commander Ian Riches of the Royal Navy, leader of the Submarine rescue team and Stuart Gold and Peter Nuttall of James Fisher Rumic Ltd, operators of the remotely operated vessel instrumental in the rescue, were awarded the Order for Maritime Services for their part in the dramatic rescue on Friday 5 August 2005.

President Putin also awarded the Order of Friendship to Captain Jonathan Holloway, the British Naval Attache in Moscow and Sqn Ldr Keith Hewitt, the RAF C17 aircraft Captain who flew the rescue mission out. Both men were crucial in getting the rescue team to the stricken Russian crew in time. The crew had limited air supply after becoming trapped in netting and debris in deep water some 205m below the surface, 60 miles off the coast of the Kamchatka Peninsula (North of Japan).

President Putin awarded the medals to the team for "self-sacrifice and high professionalism". Speaking before he presented the medals, President Putin said: "I have a mission of honour today to present you the government awards of the Russian Federation. I would like to thank you for the work done, for the mission accomplished on the rescue of the Russian seamen. The work was done quickly, at a good professional level, and most importantly it succeeded. In reality you have continued the traditions which have been traditional in the relationship between our two countries for many, many years."

The ceremony, which was hosted by the Prime Minister, was also attended by Adam Ingram, Minister for the Armed Forces, Admiral Sir Alan West, First Sea Lord, General Sir Kevin O'Donoghue, Chief of Defence Logistics, and Air Chief Marshal Sir Jock Stirrup, Chief of the Air Staff.

Adam Ingram, Minister for Armed Forces said at the ceremony today: "This is another example of the professionalism, flexibility and teamwork demonstrated by our Armed Forces and the Defence community as a whole. All such operations are incredibly technical and complicated but the preparation and training paid off. We are very pleased that President Putin and the Russian people have recognised the efforts of those directly involved in the rescue, and at the same time all those who contributed to making the mission a success."

Sqn Ldr Keith Hewitt piloted the 99 Sqn C17 transport aircraft which ferried the UK's submarine rescue equipment to Russia. Speaking of the mission, and its aftermath, he said: "I was preparing for a routine flight to Iraq from RAF Brize Norton when the call came in. We were airborne within minutes heading for Scotland and started working on the flight plan in the air. Just to go to No 10 was surreal, but to meet President Putin and receive a medal from him was just unbelievable. I think I must be the only serving RAF officer with a Russian medal. I feel I have accepted this medal on behalf of all the RAF units and personnel who all dropped everything to contribute to helping save the lives of those seven Russian submariners."

Ch.

Captain Tamerlan Gusov, internal armies of the Russian Federation. Was lost in 2001

It is awarded by an award ?For personal courage of the Russian Federation? and 2 awards of Courage.

Edited by Roman Slivin

So interesting to see some old Soviet and new Russian Federation ODMs all worn side by side!!

Very interesting pics as over time, all the old soviet awards will disappear from uniforms of serving soldiers to be replaced by the new orders and medals of the Russian Federation.

Can we tell what any of Kadyrov's awards are in Roman's post #35? I bet his ribbon bars would yield an interesting mix of Russian and Chechen awards (assuming there is such a thing?) :Cat-Scratch:

Can we tell what any of Kadyrov's awards are in Roman's post #35? I bet his ribbon bars would yield an interesting mix of Russian and Chechen awards (assuming there is such a thing?) :Cat-Scratch:

We even will be surprised, when all we will decipher. :catjava:

Roman, once again you grace us with a GREAT picture!

This member of the FSB has quite the rack!

-2 X Orders of Valour;

-2 X Order of Military Merit;

-Medal For Service To The Fatherland 1st Class With Swords;

-Medal For Service To The Fatherland 2nd Class With Swords;

-Medal for Bravery;

-FSB Medal for Distinction during Special Operations;

-FSB Medal for Participation in Counterterrorism Operations;

-Medal for the 200th Anniversary of the Interior Ministry (I think);

Then it sours a bit... The next 2 awards are garbage (unofficial) trinkets.

-The VOOV Combat Brotherhood Medal (garbage);

-The Caucasus Medal from the Russian Awards Committee... (Garbage, commercial trinket);

-All 3 medals for distinguished service, 10, 15 and 20 yers of service.

Why would such a distinguished and highly decorated member of the FSB lower himself to wearing those 2 "Xmas tree ornaments"??

Why would such a distinguished and highly decorated member of the FSB lower himself to wearing those 2 "Xmas tree ornaments"??

Hi Fran?ois,

These two medals, even if unofficial, have in my opinion a very nice design and very sober, soviet-style, ribbons. I like them in terms of look and feel.

Cheers.

Ch.