News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Wasn't the above photo of Hitler wearing his BO taken during the internment ceremonies at the Ehrentempel on the Koenigsplatz?

That is very well possible, because the building in the background is definitely the "Braunes Haus" in Munich, which became party headquarters in 1930.

• 2 weeks later...

The discussions here are informative regarding the Bo, however, I have yet to see one learned colleague discuss the difference between the 1st and 2nd pattern BO. How is this determination made? What number sequences are of the first award and what numbers constitute the second. Can someone who knows this information please respond. I have a 3 digit ORIGINAL BO but I do not know the differences. Someone, .....Please enlighten me. Thanks, Joe

Guest Rick Research

The first pattern has different maker and silver marks, and ran to roughly number 1,500. Those are the only ones which are (98%) identified to recipients by numbers.

• 6 months later...

To answer the query about the Blood Order holder with the Panzer wrap.

This is Georg-Henning von Heydebreck

He was Kommandure of the Fallschirm-Panzer-Regiment Hermann G?ring from July 1943 to June 1944.

The missing decoration from this photograph is the Ritterkreuz he was awarded on 25/6/44 so this photo must be before this date, but after the award of his DK.

I am not sure if this is the DKIG or DKIS, as on a published list of DKIG to the Hermann Goring he is not listed.

Interesting family - another member of his family was killed in the SA purges, Hans Peter, was arrested by Hitler himself, who stopped his car on the Munich - Weisse road and asked him if he was "with Rohm". Since he answered yes, off into the truck, with Rohm, later to be shot with the others. Somewhat amusingly, a village in Silesia was renamed Heydebreck in H-P's honour shortly before this, commemorating his leadership of a anti guerilla unit in 1919 against the Poles. He was an SA Gruppenfuhrer; - another member, Otto, was a Reichstag deputy.

Attached pic of Georg.H vonH with blood order ribbon in normal position, from the family website.

Edited by MattGibbs