News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hptm.d.R. Ernst-Arthur Wriedt

28/04/1945: The last Tiger was lost when it broke through a water reservoir in the courtyard of a Villa somewhere in VENETO.

Edited by DDD777

02/05/1945: The unit received the capitulation order in the Walley of AGORDO where it was blocked from partisan units trying to go to the BRENNER PASS. Here his members were given to US troops.

Edited by DDD777

Great group of documents - it doesn't get much better than that. I especially like the very late-war DKG document.

Thank you for posting these historical gems for us. :cheers:

Here is a picture from my collection of a Tauchpanzer IV

Panzer Nr. 411 Ylll, belonged to Leutnant Radmann 4. Kompanie, Panzer Regiment 7 (10. Panzerdivision).

Oberleutnant Herbert Radmann, born: 30.09.1912 in Berlin; died on January 18th 1942 at the Field Hospital 61 in Gshatsk.

File0078-3.jpg

Edited by Naxos

Good evening everybody!

My name is Federico Peyrani, my website is http://www.okh.it/ (check the GoogleEarth military bookmarks!!)

What you found here is very interesting.

For my University studies I have known some members of the Tiger Abteilung 504, among them some knew Wriedt.

You can check on my website at www.okh.it/504/indexEng.htm for a short history of the unit.

I can confirm that he was the Commander (Chef) of the 3./504 after the reorganisation that took place unitl June 1944.

He fought with the 3./504 in Toscana in June-July 1944 and then since September 1944 in Emilia in the Gothic Line by San Marino.

He came from the 18. Panzer Abteilung of the disbanded 18. Panzer-Division.

The men I know, mostly Lt. K. Goldschmidt and Ofw. A. G?nther told me about a very Career-oriented Officer, not too friendly with them.

They used with despise the German word 'Politikant', not so clear to me (he was a 'Politikant'!).

They did not love him and said he didn't want in his Company people more decorated than him.

Goldschmidt was with the 3./504 in Toscana, and then passed in the 2./504 in Emilia with his Friend from Sicily, Lt. Herbert Heim.

By the way, in the same days (22 April 1945), Goldschmidt was awarded the DKiG for an attack near Finale Emilia, in which he was said to have freed from encirclement the I. Fallschirmkorps retreating from Bologna. They say was thanked from the commander of the Fallschirmkorps, Heidrich.

After the war Wriedt was never welcome at the meetings of the 504 sPzAbt.

If you need some other news aobut them I have to search in my docs.

The docs are very interesting for me!

I can share them for the .jpg of the urkunde for the Ritterkreuz of Major August Seidesticker of the 504 in Tunisia.

Federico Peyrani

Edited by Federico Peyrani

Great group of documents - it doesn't get much better than that. I especially like the very late-war DKG document.

Thank you for posting these historical gems for us. :cheers:

Hello and thank you again Hardy! :beer:

It was a happy mai for me! 2 DKiG doc's at once. 1 of the first awarding's in november 1941 and one of the last in end of aprel 1945! :P

Great photo of strong technicue of sad times !

Edited by DDD777

Good evening everybody!

My name is Federico Peyrani, my website is http://www.okh.it/ (check the GoogleEarth military bookmarks!!)

What you found here is very interesting.

For my University studies I have known some members of the Tiger Abteilung 504, among them some knew Wriedt.

You can check on my website at www.okh.it/504/indexEng.htm for a short history of the unit.

I can confirm that he was the Commander (Chef) of the 3./504 after the reorganisation that took place unitl June 1944.

He fought with the 3./504 in Toscana in June-July 1944 and then since September 1944 in Emilia in the Gothic Line by San Marino.

He came from the 18. Panzer Abteilung of the disbanded 18. Panzer-Division.

The men I know, mostly Lt. K. Goldschmidt and Ofw. A. G?nther told me about a very Career-oriented Officer, not too friendly with them.

They used with despise the German word 'Politikant', not so clear to me (he was a 'Politikant'!).

They did not love him and said he didn't want in his Company people more decorated than him.

Goldschmidt was with the 3./504 in Toscana, and then passed in the 2./504 in Emilia with his Friend from Sicily, Lt. Herbert Heim.

By the way, in the same days (22 April 1945), Goldschmidt was awarded the DKiG for an attack near Finale Emilia, in which he was said to have freed from encirclement the I. Fallschirmkorps retreating from Bologna. They say was thanked from the commander of the Fallschirmkorps, Heidrich.

After the war Wriedt was never welcome at the meetings of the 504 sPzAbt.

If you need some other news aobut them I have to search in my docs.

The docs are very interesting for me!

I can share them for the .jpg of the urkunde for the Ritterkreuz of Major August Seidesticker of the 504 in Tunisia.

Federico Peyrani

Hello Federico!

Amazing coincidence to find a people who knows directly the holder of this interesting document group! :o

I was on your web site, like you see 2 of the quotations over the scans are from your w.s. ! Verry nice and cognitive resource!

You are absolutly right, Wriedt come from:

1) 7./Panzer-regiment 31

2) 18 paznzer divizion - 18 panzer abteilung (the famous ,,dive'' panzers)

3) Hauptmann of 504 schwere panzer abteilung

Here are the last ,,steps'' of 504:

12/1944: After some retreat in Autumn the area was stabilised between LUGO DI ROMAGNA and MASSA LOMBARDA .

12/02/1945: The 15 Tigers of the 508. schwere Panzer-Abteilung (transferring to GERMANY), were took in charge.

15/03/1945: 32 Tiger were reported operational.

12/04/1945: In the area of MASSA LOMBARDA the unit, in line among orchards that hampered the sight of the turret crew, had many losses due to New Zealander Infantry and Tanks. This day began the retreat to northwest against the pressure of the 8th British Army units. Some Tigers under Oberleutnant von Wedelstaedt fought around ARGENTA .

13-26/04/1945: All the Tigers south of the River PO were lost between BONDENO and FINALE EMILIA . The members of the unit gathered at the Ferntro?dorf (rear base) of SAN PIETRO IN GU , east of VICENZA, to organize the retreat to the north. Here were still 2 Tigers, ferried north of the River PO months before for important repairs.

28/04/1945: The last Tiger was lost when it broke through a water reservoir in the courtyard of a Villa somewhere in VENETO.

02/05/1945: The unit received the capitulation order in the Walley of AGORDO , where it was blocked from partisan units trying to go to the BRENNER PASS. Here his members were given to US troops.

with blue is the ,,E.A.Wriedt'' Hauptmann's time .

Of course is interesting to ,,hear'' some real fakt's or story's from his colleague's ! :blush:

Thank you in advance!

Best regards!

Dobri

PS: PM sent

Edited by DDD777

The most interesting question for me, is what he was doing from 08.10.1942 till 01.10.1944? :unsure:

"Die Panzer-Abteilung 18 wurde am 15. Mai 1942 in Mittelru?land aufgestellt. Die Abteilung wurde aus dem Stab der III. Abteilung vom Panzer-Regiment 8 sowie der 6. und 11. Kompanie vom vernichteten Panzer-Regiment 7 mit 3 Kompanien aufgestellt. Die Abteilung wurde als selbst?ndige Abteilung aufgestellt. Sie wurde anfangs bei der 18. Panzer-Division im Raum Orscha und Witebsk eingesetzt. Ab April 1943 wurde die Abteilung als Heerestruppe eingesetzt. Im Dezember 1943 wurde die Abteilung in Panzer-Abteilung 504 (Tiger) umbenannt."

"schwere Panzer-Abteilung 504

Am 18. November 1943 ergeht eine Verf?gung die Abteilung aus ?berlebenden der alten Abteilung und der Panzer-Abteilung 18 beim Oberbefehlshaber West unter dem LVIII. Reserve-Panzer-Korps wieder aufzustellen. Die 3. Kompanie wird aus der Panzer-Kompanie (Fkl.) 314 aufgestellt.

Vom 28. Februar 1944 bis zum 21. April 1944 werden 45 Tiger ?bernommen. Vom 30. April 1944 bis zum 4. Mai 1944 wird die Abteilung nach Frankreich verlegt. Am 3. Juni 1944 ergeht der Befehl zur Verlegung nach Italien. Zwischen dem 9. und 14. Juni 1944 erreicht die Abteilung Italien. Ein Bergepanzer geht durch Luftangriff verloren. Am 1. Juli 1944 sind 8 von 18 Tigern einsatzf?hig. Von den 27 verlorenen Tigern gehen nur 2 auf das Konto feindlicher Angriffe. Am 14. August 1944 wird die 1. Kompanie ohne Panzer nach Wien verlegt um auf Tiger II umzur?sten. Die Abteilung untersteht in Italien der 10. Armee.

Am 12. Februar 1945 ?bernimmt die Abteilung 15 Tiger von der schweren Panzer-Abteilung 508. Am 15. M?rz 1945 sind 32 Tiger einsatzf?hig. Am 28. April 1945 ist der letzte Tiger der Abteilung zerst?rt."

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliede...nzerAbt18-R.htm

http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliede...zerAbt504-R.htm

Edited by Naxos

Thanks but i mean, what he(Wriedt) was doing :cheers:

To the point i find verry interesting invormation about Div. 18 Abt. 18 unfortunately auf Deutsch : "Unternehmen Barbarossa" Paul Carell, 1963 & на русском : ,,Застигнутые вразплох'':