here are a couple of new things that arrived in the post.

The first one is a Photograph that was removed from a photoalbum of life in a trench

2n8quk0.jpg

As you can see there looks to be little danger as one of the men is on lip of the trench

And the second one is a postcard of a machine gun troup.I have incresed the size of hte group of men in the middle as one of them seems to have a badge of some description on his sleeve.Could this be a machine gun badge?

21mvl2o.jpg

Close up

2nrfuv.jpg

and i have scanned the back of the postcard in a negative way as it makes it easier to read.

e0jznk.jpg

Hope you enjoy looking at these

David F

Takes way way way too long to download your remotely linked images, so haven't been able to see everything yet.

Top photo must be in a recruit training facility-- they are wearing pre-war blue tunics with white fatigue pants and wartime felt spiked helmets. The men in the center aren't wearing M15 Blusen-- those are the collar patch'd old pre-war fatigue Litewkas, So probably circa 1915 in Germany or waaaaay back.

Yes, one machine gun sharpshooter badge on sleeve.

Sideways writing not easy to read whatever postive/negative it is in.

Sideways writing not easy to read whatever postive/negative it is in.

I think the postcard was written by Hans in France 24.8.1917 and sent to his sister in Hamburg. Don't quote me on it though.

Tony

sure looks that way Tony.Here is a translation that someone did for me

"Frankreich 28.8.17

Liebe Schwester,

Anbei eine Photographie zum Andenken an den M. G. Kursus in Rumigny (a French town in the Somme area).

Die herzlichsten Gr??e sendet Dir Dein Bruder Hans.

Auf Wiedersehn."

• 3 weeks later...