News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Order of Kutuzov

Megan

Орден Кутузова

Instituted: 29 July 1942 as an award of the USSR, confirmed in the current order of precedence on 20 March 1992.

Awarded: For successful planning of a military operation that inflicts a considerable defeat or losses on an enemy, in 3 classes.

1st Class:

• 1 year later...
    • 1 month later...

Those are all beautiful. Has anyone seen the curret version awarded?

I spend approx 10 hours a week in Russian phaleristic sites and follow ODM stories in Russian papers but have yet to see any of the revamped Orders bestowed. Mind you, most of them are awarded for "defense" of Russia, not attacking an outside enemy or taking care of internal matters.

• 1 year later...

Hello! This Kutuzov is very beautiful piece! May I write/discuss my interpretation, I know that there is only 1 true meaning and I am just writing of ordinary? matter. Pls hand me correct answer, to me this is new subject matter. Since this is based on standard Russian pentagonal mount, it symbolizes the virtues of a medieval knight, this star. It's generosity, courtesy, etc. But generally it symbolizes mystical and magical significance. And this Order is awarded to those successful in learning/showing tactics on skillful avoidance of enemy attacks and successful counter attacks. How correct am I?

It is awarded to commanders of military units and their deputies, as well as to commanders of battalions and companies: for skilful organization and conduct of operations during which, despite the numerical superiority of the enemy, the objectives of the operation were met; for tenacity in repelling enemy attacks from the air, land or sea, for retaining the combat readiness in designated areas of responsibility, for the creation of conditions for conducting subsequent operations with offensive purposes; for skilful organization and control of troops (forces), establishment of prepared defences, maintaining close interaction between the troops (forces) involved in the operations, ensuring the defeat of the enemy or depth of damage inflicted depriving him the opportunity to continue his offensive; for skilful conduct of combat on land and/or in the air, surrounded by superior enemy forces, for the organization of a breakthrough with the withdrawal of troops from the area without significant loss of combat effectiveness; for the capture, with minor losses, of a major site of resistance, its communications, the defeat of his rear garrisons and bases, the capture and retaining of vital areas, repelling strong counterattacks by air, land and/or sea; for successful execution of combat missions, displaying personal courage leading to the destruction of critical enemy military facilities and equipment on land, air and sea.

It can also be awarded to military units that participated in operation, during which, despite the stubborn resistance of the enemy, the objectives were met with full operational capability of military units retained. May also be awarded to foreign citizens - soldiers of allied forces from among the officers who took part along with soldiers of the Russian Federation in organizing and conducting a successful operation of allied troops (forces).

Hello, Mr Frank! Fascinating and very interesting issuance! I just wanted to inquire about the Order or merchandice aspect. Are lot of fakes regarding this badge? How reliable are those military surplus stores?

If you're talking about the Soviet award, fakes everywhere. :angry:

If you're talking about the Russian Federation award, I haven't seen a single one yet, real or fake. :( I can't even find a decent photo of one!

Edited by TacHel

Gosh! Mr. Frank, you are swift! I have inquiry regarding issuance of this Order. It's very nice, kind of you to list all of the motive? of this Order. However, I believe it is rather specific oriented. And since it's Federation, is it safe to think that this manual? of military strategies? are offered to others? I mean, since this Order can be issued to foreigners, and foreigners do not have Military Orders as such, how are ratings from foreigners? Also I kind of think this Star background resembles or signifies a special part of God's creation, isn't it? It corresponds with the five wounds of Christ, rather than the virtues of medieval knight. But this Order also comes with the Maltese type of cross, therefore it's when the cross overtakes...? All is fine for now.

You are superbly correct, Mr Frank! Past glories, does it work? I mean, Mr Frank, Field Marshal Mikhail Kutuzov was utterly awesome! Great! Fighting with Napoleon with far less men, sometimes with just 904? guns, he did extremely well, fantastic utilizing march-withdrawal tactics! But since WW1, Russians are numerous, outnumbering opponent/enemies all the time, it seems. Even during or rather right from the beginning Russians were numerous, far more than opposing Germans. But they, Russians were pushed far into their own territiory, their Red Army leader called mediocre? not good enough. And till new soldiers, extremely well equipped? were installed? called in? Russians were not strong enough. But I don't forget fact that churches were allowed to permit? war, fights. Not banned anymore and yes, Kutuzov name were installed? in the battlefields. And...won the war. It is so fascinating! Today...modern day militarism still..or have/are Russian or this Order no longer focuses on the size of opponent? Me, still long way to go.

• 1 year later...