News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello gentlemen,

please show me all of your "roses" you have in your "garden"...

And don?t be shy...we are gentlemen! :D

I?ll start with a very beautiful flower:

Lippische Rose fuer Kunst und Wissenschaft 2. Klasse mit Eichenlaub

(Order for art and science Lippe-Detmold 2nd class with oakleaves)

Another rose...a little faded, but quite rare...with 151 awards.

Hausorden Lippe-Detmold Ehrenkreuz 4.Klasse 2.Abteilung

(House-Order Lippe-Detmold Honor Cross 4th class 2nd division)

Edited by Solomon

Doesn't it just hurt when you see things we have the proverbial "snowball's chance in Hades" of finding.... sigh....

Sadly, I've seen them, but that's all. A couple appear on my web site, but as you can see by the photo credits, they are Andreas's. Thanks again, Andreas, for letting me use the images to fill the many gaps I have.

Lippe-Detmold is here: http://home.att.net/~david.danner/militari...ppe-detmold.htm

At some point, but not likely before the beginning of next year, I would like to overhaul it and a few of the other pages.

This one is mine: Military Merit Medal (Milit?rverdienstmedaille)

IPB ImageIPB Image

here are two of my "roses" - not so nice than the roses posted before,

but anyway, here they are:

The "Milit?rverdienstmedaille"

You are wrong...these medals are nice...and much rarer than you can imagine.

I?m actually helping somebody with writing an article about the Military Merit Medals (Mili?rverdienstmedaille),

I saw almost all files stored in the archive of Detmold dealing with these medals...with some surprises.

Here are my two beauties...by the way, I have never seen a miniature of this medal :speechless1:

Greetings

Solomon

Edited by Solomon

Solomon,

Thank you for posting your Arts and Science 2nd class with oaks. It not only reflects excellent workmanship but also presents another example of the unique designs to be found among the Imperial German Arts and Science decorations.

Wild Card

Edited by Wild Card

Solomon,

I have hesitated in posting this piece; but since it does not appear that anyone else is going to offer a picture of one, I have decided to go ahead. In getting the color of the enamel right, the background color approaches the point of distraction. I?m sorry but I have not yet qualified for an advanced degree in Photoshop.

Anyway, I felt that because of their unique characteristics, one should be one in this thread. Occasionally we have ?beauty contests? trying to determine the most beautiful Imperial German orders - which usually come down to Zahringen Lions against the Lions of Brunswick. Unfortunately these pieces are never mentioned.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Solomon,

Thank you for posting your Arts and Science 2nd class with oaks. It not only reflects excellent workmanship but also presents another example of the unique designs to be found among the Imperial German Arts and Science decorations.

Wild Card

Yes, the design is very unique. I?ve forgotten to say the name of the former (female) owner:

It was awarded by the opera-singer Lilly Walleni in 1914, one of those 4 females, who got this award.

Thank you for posting the "Leopold-Orden" of Lippe-Detmold...now it hurts :rolleyes:

I like these orders very much.

Your miniature of the "Milit?rverdienstmedaille" is just a gem...I never saw it before...congrats!

But please wait some days...I just bought a medalbar, which is a comparable beauty...with Lippe-Detmold,of course :D

Greetings

Solomon

Edited by Solomon

Gents,

I was away for a long weekend, so my apologies for a late addition; I believe I've posted this one before, so it will probably look familiar to some already, but below is my sole contribution to the thread (Steckkreuz of the Leopold Order with Crown):

[attachmentid=60241]

WC: as usual, :speechless1:

Beautiful enamel!

Gaffken

Sorry for not being able to post better pics--both me and my camera are limited in capability... :(

Reverse:

[attachmentid=60437]

Rose & enamel:

[attachmentid=60438]

Edited by Gaffken