News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Solomon,

Have you ever noticed the striking similarity between your Golden Honor-Cross and the merit crosses of the Hannoverian Ernst August Order? Were the Lippe-Detmold crosses not also originally made by B?sch as well?

Below is a silver (2nd class) example of the Hannoverian award. I would like to post a gold one like yours; but unfortunately mine lives too far away from home to return for a picture on a timely basis.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

Hi Solomon,

Have you ever noticed the striking similarity between your Golden Honor-Cross and the merit crosses of the Hannoverian Ernst August Order? Were the Lippe-Detmold crosses not also originally made by B?sch as well?

Yes, you are absolutely right!

The stamp for these crosses was made by Friedrich Brehmer at the "Koenigliche M?nze in Hannover".

The first crosses were made by Carl B?sch, who made many of the awards of Lippe-Detmold (and of course Schaumburg-Lippe!).

It?s interesting to compare the Hannoverian awards with the awards from Lippe-Detmold :)

Greetings

Solomon

• 4 weeks later...

This model (1910) was produced 25 times by Godet, and was 12 times awarded. (Model 1909 awarded 6 times / Model 1916 awarded 18 / made 19)

"This order was awarded for merits around the Prince and his country."

I hope you don't mind if I add this first version of the Military Merit Medal (no swords on the obverse)

I hope you don't mind if I add this first version of the Military Merit Medal (no swords on the obverse)

The back of this first version has the diemaker's mark along the bottom reverse, "G. Loos Dir" That is not on the World War One version of the medal.

Hello Joe,

extremly nice (and very rare) medal :speechless1:

I?m still searching for one (I only have two with swords on it)

It?s quite hard to find, because there were only 147 awards.

(Reiner Schwark made a mistake in his book of the orders from Lippe-Detmold and wrote 148 awards...if anybody wonders my number)

Greetings

Solomon

Solomon, I would love to get a copy of your article on the Lippe-Detmold Military Merit Medal. I can offer you the use of that picture of my Military Merit Medal without swords if you need it for the article.

Thank you for your offer.. the article is finished (but not published yet...)

I?m only the co-autor..but I?ll send you a scan when published =this year (sorry, it?s only in german...)

Greetings

Solomon

Hi,

I have to say that purple enameled example in posts 20/21 is amazing! :jumping: Please don't shoot me, but what exactly is it please??

Here's my small contribution - something from the lower end of the spectrum I'm afraid.

Regards

Mike

Obverse...

Guest Rick Research

Here's a scan of a nice bar whose wearer I hope the rolls will finally identify, from a photo my friend in Hamburg sent me almost 30 years ago:

I am assuming the ribbon Xs indicate for 1870-71, though I find no statute authorization then-- nor any note on the Roll. there were 185 military awards of the Silver Cross 1871-73. I'll be deducting holders of the Kriegervereinkreuz (cross checking those now) against the 128 holders of the Gold Merit Cross.

That Albert Merit Cross should be the key, if I can find a roll for that.

I am assuming the ribbon Xs indicate for 1870-71, though I find no statute authorization then-- nor any note on the Roll. there were 185 military awards of the Silver Cross 1871-73. I'll be deducting holders of the Kriegervereinkreuz (cross checking those now) against the 128 holders of the Gold Merit Cross.

That Albert Merit Cross should be the key, if I can find a roll for that.

Argh, a very nice bar :speechless1:

There is no roll for the awards with swords...Leopold IV spent it in 1906, so everybody was allowed to wear it, who participated

in the war of 1870/71.

Indeed the cross check with silver-merit-cross (with swords for 1870/71), the golden merit-cross and the Albert-order should deliever a result. Don?t forget the clasps...maybe also a hint.

But...there is something quite strange...a long-service-medal is missing :rolleyes:

I don?t know why...

By the way...where do you see a "Kriegervereinskreuz"?

Greetings

Solomon