Good time of the day Gentlemans!

Im happy to present you a little but interesting DK doc grouping of Feldwebel Hermann Harders, Luftwaffe/Transportgeschwader 2.

Waithing for your opinions :beer:

Thank you in advance!

Edited by DDD777

Ehrenpokale and Kasselring congratulations :rolleyes:

Perhaps you will not see a reply to a 10-year old thread, but I see this grouping is now at auction.

18 hours ago, TWS said:

Perhaps you will not see a reply to a 10-year old thread, but I see this grouping is now at auction.

It has been over a year since he last logged on.

One of the documents in the group is actually a traffic citation.  It seems Mr. Harders was carrying a piece of wood on his bicycle at night.  It says that he endangered motorists because his bicycle had no lights. He was fined 20 Marks.  Weren't there more important things to worry about in July of 1945 than a poor bloke schlepping a piece of wood down the road?  Where is this group being auctioned?

Edited by Simius Rex

I did some googling and answered my own question.  Ratsbon Auction is auctioning this group in December.  The starting price is 800 Eu. and the German Cross certificate alone is definitely worth this kind of money.  He got his German Cross after his fighter squadron was changed into a transport squadron. I bet somebody could find his LW service record somewhere.  Here is the link to the auction...

https://www.ratisbons.com/34th-Contemporary-History-Auction/Trsp-Geschw-2-German-Cross-document-grouping-Fw-Harders.html  

800 Euros is about the right value for a Luftwaffe DKiG citation such as this so when you add in the commission and postage it makes it too expensive.

There is a KG-27 DKiG citation already on the market for 845 Euros and it isn't selling, admittedly it is in a poorer state.

Edited by hucks216