News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flammenwerfer! Flames, skulls and stuff

• 2 weeks later...

One mystery solved...

I posted a photo of this guy somewhere in this massive thread. Turns out he was a 1920s circus performer named Gabdin Brons, who had a "Game of Death" and performed "death jumps" (high dives). That's why he wore Totenkopfen on his flying helmet and chest:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item58825219b9

The guy who sold me the photo said it depicted some kind military man. Oh well... Let the buyer beware.

Edited by Thomas W

One mystery solved...

I posted a photo of this guy somewhere in this massive thread. Turns out he was a 1920s circus performer named Gabdin Brons, who had a "Game of Death" and performed "death jumps" (high dives). That's why he wore Totenkopfen on his flying helmet and chest:

http://cgi.ebay.com/...=item58825219b9

The guy who sold me the photo said it depicted some kind military man. Oh well... Let the buyer beware.

Sometimes it takes a little bit of time.

But it shows us, that there is always a chance to find a final answer! beer.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Something I've never seen before...

This flamethrower pioneer's Totenkopf is at a cockeyed angle on the cloth oval on his sleeve! The cloth oval is in the proper vertical orientation, but the Totenkopf is skewed. Maybe it was in the process of falling off when the photo was taken?

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting postcard that illustrates the Minenwerfer-Totenkopf connection that keeps popping up. This was put out by Minenwerfer-Ersatz-Bataillon Nr. 8; it's apparently an "official" card, meaning it was sold in the battalion commissary or in the barracks.