News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flammenwerfer! Flames, skulls and stuff

Robin, Chris, and Sergeant 08, my publisher has only just begun working on my book after all this time, He's in the process of creating the layout, so he send me PDFs that are, of course, lower quality. I still don't have my original photos back, just a crummy PDF.

Black Totenkopf or not? I seem to remember that it's the same shade as the black shoulder straps, which often look gray gray.

Until I get the original photo back, this will have to do...

Edited by Thomas W

Robin, we had a discussion about the small skull. Here is another photo that shows one.

Look at the MG badge (right side)! Again a small skull!

There were more small skulls used than we thought. Not only used on Wehrwolf collar tabs! cheers.gif

smallmk.jpg

Edited by Sergeant 08

Robin, we had a discussion about the small skull. Here is another photo that shows one.

Look at the MG badge (right side)! Again a small skull!

There were more small skulls used than we thought. Not only used on Wehrwolf collar tabs! cheers.gif

smallmk.jpg

Stefan.

That's a GREAT photo! :cheers:

Some day, the black skull will appear................. :jumping:

I thought someone would have posted this postcard before now.

WWI German aviators received flight pay of 50RM. Someone probably thought he could make a minor financial killing selling this popular postcard showing a skull wearing a crash helmet with a 50RM note between the teeth...

Edited by Les

Robin, about faded black: Here's a flamethrower pioneer--a former member of Sturmbataillon Nr. 5 (Rohr)--wearing a battered old simplified Waffenrock with black shoulder straps. His cap band is also black. The tonal value of shoulder straps and cap band is dark gray rather than a robust black.

Robin, about faded black: Here's a flamethrower pioneer--a former member of Sturmbataillon Nr. 5 (Rohr)--wearing a battered old simplified Waffenrock with black shoulder straps. His cap band is also black. The tonal value of shoulder straps and cap band is dark gray rather than a robust black.

Thanks again, Thomas. :cheers:

Amazing how black can turn to grey in some of these photos.

• 1 month later...
    • 3 weeks later...