Isn't it weird how back in the day, they would pose with prisoners like big-game hunters posing with the lion they'd shot in Africa? You can't do that today, if you follow the protocols of the Geneva Convention.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here's Bernhard Reddemann in the background, the big guy with a notebook and pencil, his overcoat on his shoulder. The flamethrower is the Kleif M.1914. Notice that he doesn't have a Totenkopf sle

IR92 tankard lid............

Brunswick HR17 flask...............(with Prussian skull !!)

Posted Images

A smaller skull on a Interimspange. But for what kind of medal? Eiserne Division?

99400166.jpg

Yes.............

Baltic veteran.

First three ribbons = Randow/Awaloff, Baltic Cross, Iron Division.

The photo is dated 1921, which would fit with these medals.

Edited by Robin Lumsden

Robin, is it a put together grouping or a mix of good and bad? I believe the wound badge might be suspect but the EKs look good to me. The ribbon bar and eppalettes may be good too. What are your thoughts on the skull and cuff title? Have you ever seen a real one to compare it too?

Here's a group currently up for sale.

The buyer will live to regret it, methinks. :speechless:

I wonder, what will be the final price........?

Until now it is a price, that you have to pay for a nice EK. But surely the price for the lot will rise! :D

Edited by Sergeant 08

Robin, is it a put together grouping or a mix of good and bad? I believe the wound badge might be suspect but the EKs look good to me. The ribbon bar and eppalettes may be good too. What are your thoughts on the skull and cuff title? Have you ever seen a real one to compare it too?

I think the cufftitle and skull ahve been added to a pile of originals, to give the skull and title a bit of credibility.

best

Chros

So why summarily dismiss it out of hand? Perhaps the seller would provide better pics etc.....

I think no matter what the Photos show, this will be a "feelings" call. My stomache says "Achtung!".

Its the same as with The variation FW skull way back on the thread, no matter how well it is made, my stomache says "No!" and some guys say "Yes!"... and we will never agree on it.

If we were to see closer photos, and the quality was great... would it mean they were good? IMHO no.

I dont like the way this group is made up... it is to "complete" with 2 rare badges and a bunch of comman stuff. No original paperwork, no pics... is that the ribbon bar a Lt Col would have had? what happened to his old WW1 dogtag? ... lots of little things that make me think as a group it is fishy...

For me the group is just not "right"... and I will never be able to proove it...

Don. Sorry for the late reply.

It's a put together group, IMHO.

I saw an original Kampfwagen title about 10 years ago, and it was hand-sewn with thin lettering. Like the one in the book shown.

The skull is definitely duff.

It's based on the SS beret skull (not the other way round).

Original Kampfwagen skulls were always in metal.

Here are some pix............

post-153-035047300 1285623784_thumb.jpg