News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flammenwerfer! Flames, skulls and stuff

Yes..........crazy bidding, but I had to have it.

It's in this thread.............

http://gmic.co.uk/in...opic=46147&st=0

See the TK helmet photo in post #22!

I wanted it, because there are only a few early photos which show Wehrwolf members with steel helmets. Congratulations!

I did not notice the other thread. That helmet is outstanding!

• 2 weeks later...

18 months later.

Still only two have EVER been seen................. :cheeky:

Maybe the guy making them, slow painful one by one and by hand in front of the TV just could not be bothered anymore as they did not bring as much as he expected?

As long as no tools or production line has to be set up, the amount made depends on how many the maker can be bothered to make. :whistle:

I once set out to make wooden display frames, ended up making 3 out of a planned 20-30, then just could not be bothered.... could stop anytime as it was all cottage industry.... :-)

Maybe the guy making them, slow painful one by one and by hand in front of the TV just could not be bothered anymore as they did not bring as much as he expected?

As long as no tools or production line has to be set up, the amount made depends on how many the maker can be bothered to make. :whistle:

I once set out to make wooden display frames, ended up making 3 out of a planned 20-30, then just could not be bothered.... could stop anytime as it was all cottage industry.... :-)

Oh, Chris.

You are SUCH a tease! :rolleyes:

I've never seen a helmet like this either........until now.

Maybe the guy just got fed up after painting one of them! :cheers:

post-153-074367200 1288733464_thumb.jpg

Edited by Robin Lumsden

Well, what goes around comes around and here we are beginning to talk about the black skull patch again. While I agree with Robin, in that there are many insignia out there that have yet to be seen in a period photo or in other collections (I have been trying to identify this patch for nearly thirty years!), I still agree with Chris.... that this is a fantasy piece. I base that opinion solely on the construction, the materials and the condition of the piece. Having seen several of the original Flammenwerfer patches, it just does not measure up.

Far from being the last word on any subject, I don't think we will ever have any proof on this one, as I don't believe there is any to be had. I would, however, be the first to say I was wrong, should that day come. :rolleyes:

Chip

post-500-078736600 1288734792_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Chip

Having seen several of the original Flammenwerfer patches, it just does not measure up.

Hello Chip.

Personally, I don't think the black TK is necessarily flammenwerfer-related at all.

It is more likely (IMHO) a Freikorps or similar item, based on the flammenwerfer TK.

Anyway, we all agree to differ on this one. Suffice it to say, I'm happy with it in my collection..............and I'm difficult to please.