News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Flammenwerfer! Flames, skulls and stuff

• 5 weeks later...

Well, last week I found this.

A Meissen plate (to go with the Meissen Wehrwolf medallion). :cheers:

... and here is the pre 1907 Degen I have to go with the plate.

Edited by Naxos

• 2 weeks later...

This can be another interesting skull.....Thoughts?

It appears to be shaped like the flamethrower-regiment skull, and its mounted on a field-gray cloth oval. It's likely this man is a veteran of the Garde-Reserve-Pionier-Regiment.

So, this former naval officer is wearing insignia for at least three different Freikorps.

He has 2 Erhardt badges, the sleeve unit badge and the award next to his EK1. Collar badges are I assume a post Erhardt service...

Would be interesting to know his career...

There must also have been a number of "Walts" around back then, wearing things to impress the guys in the Pub...

It's a Freikorps insignia, but I don't know which one. What's the badge under the EKI?

Thomas, not all men of the Brigade Ehrhardt had such skulls on their sleeve. I hoped to get some infomations, because I read they had a Sturmkompanie and they had a Flammenwerferzug. Freikorps Flammenwerfer badge? Badge of the Sturmkompanie? .

PS: Here is the complete photo, which was posted in another forum before.

Edited by Sergeant 08

I will try to manage a sort of multi-answer:

The picture was shot in Berlin during the Kapp-Putsch in March 1920. Ehrhardt is identified with the x under it.

The skull was the insignia of the Sturmkompagnie of the Brigade Ehrhadt.

Many insignias were worn on Freikorps uniforms as many smaller units were subordinated to a bigger unit belonging to a much larger group. Here you can read it upwards as Sturmkompagnie of the Brigade Ehrhardt in the GKSD.

A navy wounded badge.

Edited by Gilles