• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here's Bernhard Reddemann in the background, the big guy with a notebook and pencil, his overcoat on his shoulder. The flamethrower is the Kleif M.1914. Notice that he doesn't have a Totenkopf sle

IR92 tankard lid............

Brunswick HR17 flask...............(with Prussian skull !!)

Posted Images

QUOTE(Langemark @ Mar 20 2006, 18:20 )

Even if skulls usually have a sad look, some here seem to be laughing a bit ! No ?

Some close-ups might be interesting in order to appreciate the degree of happiness of each skull ...

Mark

Here's a happy one.......

Hello, could I ask you what it is?

Is it a button? And if so could you show the back side please?

cheers

|<ris

ps great collection!

Thanks for your reply!

Plain! So no makers marks!?

I am trying to identify a button die with a skull that looks a lot like your button.

It is n't the same, but the closest's I did get since I found it.

I took the liberty of copying your pic on to mine in order to compare (if not allowed , please delete!).

cheers

|<ris

I'm not sure about the originalty of this tool. I see differences.

Wehrwolf fake buttons are on the market since some years.

Indeed,I did mention that both held differences..

It would be intresting to see those fakes in order to compare.

But on the other hand;differences on time pieces aren't that rare, one see them when comming from different makers.

cheers

|<ris

I'm not sure about the originalty of this tool. I see differences.

You could be right, Stefan. Dies are always very difficult. Original? Repro? Who knows ????

The skull shape is correct for Wehrwolf.

No doubt.

But .................. when was it made ???? ;)

Some new made fake buttons....

PS: Compare the eyes!

Thank you for posting them on such a short notice! It helps a lot.

I made a cast into the negative counter part for that matter, and it seems all right to me when compared to the fake's.

You could be right, Stefan. Dies are always very difficult. Original? Repro? Who knows ????

The skull shape is correct for Wehrwolf.

No doubt.

But .................. when was it made ???? ;)

You are right about thise!

But I had a collection of like 50.000 international periode dies, without a formel given proof, I can tell you by guts feeling that thise particular skull die is a time piece.

The collection I kept up to now is reduced to 5.000 and planning to get it to something like 500, because that would be a confortable number of die's to handle and care for. They are heavy and need a special care.

Within the selection I made is thise early 20'th century die of the crest of a Belgian transitional helmet that remained a prototype because of the start of WWI.

It is the helmet I use in my avatar.

Allow me to show you that die;

|<ris

matrijzen004.jpg

and the pic of the other side(also in my possesion, but not on display because of his weight!) in a time catalogue;

elimex_kam_zps6060eae3.jpg

• 2 weeks later...