Chris.

They used the old type skull in the prototypes, which were rejected.

But ................... nice to see the skull still featuring on British uniforms in these politically correct times.

Royal Lancers 2015 1 - 17 & QRL Veterans' Suggested Design.jpg

Royal Lancers 2015 2 - Prototype.jpg

Royal Lancers 2015 3 - Prototype v. Approved Design.jpg

Royal Lancers 2015 - Badge Regs.jpg

Royal Lancers 2015 - Cap.jpg

Royal Lancers 2015 - TRF 2.jpg

Royal Lancers 2015 - Skull Brooch 1.jpg

Royal Lancers 2015 - Skull Brooch 2.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here's Bernhard Reddemann in the background, the big guy with a notebook and pencil, his overcoat on his shoulder. The flamethrower is the Kleif M.1914. Notice that he doesn't have a Totenkopf sle

IR92 tankard lid............

Brunswick HR17 flask...............(with Prussian skull !!)

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Paul S said:

I purchased one of these from Weitze late last year with a COA.

Are there now four known to exist??

I don't remember that Weitze had an original on his site during last years? There were only MWH fakes for sale. Can you show us pictures?

I've seen the black/white/red slip-on loops in WWI strap collections. I wasn't sure what they indicated....perhaps volunteers. Seeing this, it seems it must be a postwar thing.

Chip

8 hours ago, Paul S said:

Guys, check this out......dealer sold as 1918 or so.....

Epp1.JPG

Epp2.JPG

Epp3.JPG

Epp4.JPG

This lot was sold by Weitze two times. It was offered as "Wehrwolf", but in my opinion it has nothing to do with the Wehrverband.

Edited by Sergeant 08
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Awesome collection.  I do have a question.  Post number 2 the blue hat with the orange piping on the second shelf.  Can you tell me what it is please?  I have one, with out the badge, and don't know what branch it represents.

Big City

Welxcome to the GMIC!

In answer to your question, I'm not sure which post you mean but you will likely have better luck if you ask the original poster directly.  Just click on the screen name of the person who posted and you can send him a private message. :)

Peter

• 1 month later...