News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Officer to identify please ! (Dr. Wilhelm Wehner)

From the unpublished but not lost Brabant Roll:

Ritterkreuz 1. Klasse

24.6.1914 Kabinettssekret?r Dr.Wilhelm Wehner, Darmstadt

Greetings

Daniel :rolleyes:

The picture shows indeed a knight 1st class!!!!!!

Edited by medalnet

The picture shows indeed a knight 1st class!!!!!!

very impressive... very.

Super medal bar and terrific photo :cheers:

I'm amazed... wish I capable of such things...

• 11 years later...

Wow, congratulations! 

Wilhelm Wehner got his Dr. in law from the University of Gießen in 1903. The title of his thesis was "Privatrechtliche Sonderstellung der hessischen Standesherrn".

Interesting... if you play around in Photoshop with the black & white converter (Photoshop has separate sliders for R, G, B, C, M, Y and K), you can try to recreate how old cameras 'saw' colors back then.

Most modern B & W converters just average the R, G and B values.

Here is the result with less G, C, and M and more B compared to the photo from back then

Untitled-1.jpg

1752764723_WehnerDr.WilhelmSchnalleVergleich.thumb.jpg.0e0567d36e6db843b8c915c3b607029e.jpg

Edited by Great Dane

• saschaw changed the title to Officer to identify please ! (Dr. Wilhelm Wehner)

I love happy endings! A group we feared might have been lost forever, reappears more than a decade later - just like a phoenix!

It took me a while to notice the Bavarian St. Michael is mounted with an improper ribbon. I'm not sure, but wouldn't the LD2 rather be the Prussian type, as Dr. Wehner was an officer?

Hessen-Darmstadt's (as Baden's!) Reserve- and Landwehr-Dienstauszeichnung was for EM and NCOs only. So, another improper ribbon, I'd assume - nothing unheard of, especially with those petty states' long service awards!

:wacky:

By the way, I took the liberty to merge Christophe's first thread from 2005 with his second 2009 attempt and also added the mystery solution to the thread title...

Edited by saschaw