News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Soviet Medical Service Uniforms and Insignia

Is that an automatic upgrade, when one gets promoted?

No, at least not when I was in. You still had to have your coninuing education up to date. I'm almost sure that as an E-6 I wasn't eligible for the next (final) level.

:beer: Doc

• 2 weeks later...

Major General of the Medical Service Walking-Out Parade uniform.

Meet Vasiley a Major General of the Medical Service. I still think that his ribbon bar needs to come up an inch but I don't want to screwup the uniform.

Edited by Riley1965

• 8 months later...

Here's a Captain of the Medical Service Daily Uniform. I have learned that while it may look ordinary at first glance, there are some interesting details. First, the cloth used in the set is much better than usually, second, the insignia is from the 1950s or 1960s rather than the 1980s - and finally, and most exciting IMHO - the graduation badge is a multi-piece Leningradskij Monetnij Dvor hallmarked medical school badge with hot red enamel. The captain may have been an Afghanistan war serving officer, the ribbon bar holds both Order of Red Star and Order for Service to Motherland.

There are a couple more pics...

Gentlemen,

Congratulations on your beautiful collections (Doc, you certainly have been busy), and thank you for sharing them with us.

This thread has made me look at Soviet uniforms with a new appreciation.

Best wishes,

Wild Card

P.S. Here is all that I can contribute to the thread.

• 2 years later...