News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A Saxon Reichsheer officer with ribbonbar

Guest Rick Research

No name? No location?

I see it as EK2, HOH3X, and then could be anything. HH? HT?

Prussian.... maybe Hessian.***

Perhaps somebody who recognizes faces can name him-- since he was a Polizei Major by 1931, chances are 90% he was a General during the next war.

***The color of his cap band and backing to his Litzen rather puzzle me. This era police tunic also had piping around the collar and down the front of the tunic. That appears to be thesame as on his cap-- DARK, so it doesn't show. Hesse had a weird carmine color which might come out this way. I would tend to think that he is some sort of Gendarmerie or Landj?ger version of rural police too. The numbers of those who were Majors you could count on two hands.

:cheers:

Thanks Rick , you are amazing !

I didn?t get much right ... Well must be the bad weather right now in Sweden :lol: (we blame everything on the weather here...)

So hes not from Saxony at all but Major in Hessen ?

Maybe the back could give some clues ?? Magdeburg? What state ? i love theese puzzles

All the best from Sweden

Christer

Guest Rick Research

Magdeburg in Prussian Saxony.

That says

Landjager (no Umlaut in the a)

Heinz Hammer

Mai 1931

If HIS name was Heinz Hammer, I find no match. I suspect he WROTE it to a Landj?ger (rural policeman) with that name.