News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Ek2 to Ek1 conversion

I believe this to be a period conversion. The pin used is typical of period

ribbon bars and other decorations. I even have a parade spange with this style pin on it.

The small ring was very nicely removed there is evidence of the modification (under) all

of the build up of tarnish and dirt. The pin itself was crudly done or possibly repaired

after the conversion.

Here is another conversion. Have seen several 2. class converted to 1. class, but never the other way around. The cross is 800 marked.

(Have posted a 2. class converted to 1. class in the 1939 section )

Kjell

Edited by ksg

That's a first for me too! Very unusual why someone would, if you'll pardon the expression, downgrade from a first class. They have done a very nice job of removing all traces of the hinge and clasp. Is it marked 800?

Another Imperial that leaves more questions to be answered. A very uncommon & nice pick up ksg. Thanks for posting it.

That's a first for me too! Very unusual why someone would, if you'll pardon the expression, downgrade from a first class. They have done a very nice job of removing all traces of the hinge and clasp. Is it marked 800?

Another Imperial that leaves more questions to be answered. A very uncommon & nice pick up ksg. Thanks for posting it.

Hello Kriztofer

No 800 marking. I agree on the nice job done on it, no field convertion . Why..... your guess is as good as mine. But remember, they were not collectors!

Kjell

Edited by ksg

Interesting pieces. They do beg the question---Why?

IOt could be a case of supply and demand. X number of EKII's awarded, X-2 on hand, but a couple extra EKI's.

Sorry, this is a bit embarrassing, I can?t trust my eyes anymore. I clearly need reading glasses ! It?s neither a kag nor a ko, It?s 800 stamp (a very small one :rolleyes: !! )

Kjell

Edited by ksg

Here is another conversion. Have seen several 2. class converted to 1. class, but never the other way around. The cross is 800 marked.

(Have posted a 2. class converted to 1. class in the 1939 section )

Kjell

Hello!

Kjell

Very nice,never seen this before. :cheers:

all the best

Nesredep

No problem ksg, it's an occupational hazard brought on by looking at EK's for too long lol

Of course! I knew it had noting to do whit age at all .....

Kjell