News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1813 something ?

Any comments on this one would be appreciated !

When I got it, there were some very small pieces of treat attached to the loops. They were so fragile they turned into dust, there was also a spiders nest inside it. The engravings seems to have been filled whit red paint, there are still some traces of it.

Kjell

Edited by ksg

If original, the ribbon cross is extremely rare. When the EK was instituted there was a misreading of the criteria and the B?nderkreuz was issued as the EKI. The silver cross is a copy of the Landwehr cap badge.

Possibly, although I doubt it, private purchase for an officer. More likely a commemorative piece. Regardless, very nice :jumping:

If original, the ribbon cross is extremely rare. When the EK was instituted there was a misreading of the criteria and the B?nderkreuz was issued as the EKI. The silver cross is a copy of the Landwehr cap badge.

Possibly, although I doubt it, private purchase for an officer. More likely a commemorative piece. Regardless, very nice :jumping:

Glad you liked it, and thanks for showing the Landwehr cap badge!

Kjell

My guess would be that this is a commorative/ patriotic piece.

Hard to to place an age to it.

I was also thinking commorative/ patriotic. Maybe more patriotic than commemorative, 1870?s ?

It would be nice to know for sure, but still I i?m quit happy whit it!

Kjell