While there was another thread on this topic, it seems to have been purged at a time other forum purges were underway.

In case anyone with a Mongolian interest will be at this year's Orders and Medals Society of America meetings, two items of possible interest:

-- I will be doing a seminar presenattion: "Variations on a Red Theme: Soviet Inspiration for the Awards of Mongolia and Afghanistan"

-- I will have a display: "The Sukhbaatar Order"

Hello Ed,

:jumping: I look forward to both and meeting up with you!!! :jumping: I will have the Polonia Restituta there.

:beer: Doc

will there be a handout/monograph?

No. If it would make any sense without the accompanying commentary, I might think about putting the seminar PowerPoint online (over at the OMSA forum, of course).

Edited by Ed_Haynes

Thank you, Ed, for your willingness to share your expertise at the OMSA convention. I'm sure that those attending the convention will benefit from, and greatly enjoy, your presentation.

Preparing and presenting material at this and the other seminars requires serious effort and commitment. Equally, work required to orchestrate and display an exhibit, especially under the specific parameters mandated for OMSA conventions, merits the highest praise. Your example should encourage others to participate by not only attending the seminar but by volunteering to speak about and/or exhibit their special interests at future events.

Kudos and thanks for your initiative and involvement!

The OMSA convention's George Seymour Memorial Seminar on International Topics will also include a talk by Ed Emmering on French Lifesaving Awards and by another person on a subject still under discussion. The OMSA convention will offer two additional seminars [one about U.S. awards and one on British/Commonwealth decorations].

No. If it would make any sense without the accompanying commentary, I might think about putting the seminar PowerPoint online (over at the OMSA forum, of course).

Now THAT would be cool!

The OMSA site can always use a bit more info.