News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My new non-combattant medal bar

Hi Guys,

yes, top bar is missing a 25 oakleave to the 1870 non-com EK. I bought this bar years ago out of the "thrash box" of a dealer who ripped the device to sell it separately.

BTW, I could ID the original owner; Oberstabsarzt Doctor Bernd Kiesewalter.

Best regards

Daniel

• 6 months later...
    • 4 years later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 5 months later...

Here are two of mine.

Poulton.

Hello Poulton;

That bar on the left is really great. The swords on ring arrangement on the Herzog Carl Edward medal is a rather uncommon and only came out in 1935!

You sure do turn up the bars with rarer medals on them.

• 9 months later...

The quick answer is no. Usually a soldier got either a state medal or a pat on the back for additional bravery. A step up to an EK1 was a bit of a leap the lower ones ' rank, but it did happen. Also, to fill the gap some units gave out Honor Diplomas, which sometimes had unofficial medals with them, much like challenge coins here in the USA today.

• 3 years later...

Here a few i found at the WAF again.

1st - a 4 place non combatant bar with silesian eagle (the silesian eagle was also awarded to non combatants)

2nd - a 5 place non combatant bar with RAO4 (i think he got it between 1914/18 because he put it bevor the war aid cross)

the "green" decoration was missing - there are a lot of possibilities - swedish, persian, brunswick lifesafing and italian.

I like the St. Lazarus so i added a knight. I think the decoration was Zurückgeliefert (retourniert)

3rd - a nice bar i traded with Komtur - he was a 1866 combatant and in his old life reactivated in 1914 - have a look at the RAO4 50 (now i have one more  14 NC bar  and Komtur has another

"Doc" bar)

(i think he got the RAO40 50 at the end of his career)

4 th - a big bar i bought from Thies a few years ago. I think there was a KO4 - somebody added a COMedal and i think there could be a DA25 cross and no 15 years LSC. The rest looks not replaced. I tried to find a recipient but who was he? (May be the KO4 was also retourniert - because of its content of gold)

oo.jpg

ooooo.jpg

oooo.jpg

ooo.jpg

Edited by ixhs