News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Who is this massive bling-bling general?

Hi all,

can someone help me out with the name of that general here.... a lot of interesting stuff on his body!!!

For the most of you maybe the orders around his neck are the most interesting thing here - for me it is the Jerusalem cross... :rolleyes: unfortunately you can`t see the whole medal bar.... but nevertheless - a great picture!!!

The photo is dated 1906

thanks for all help

Heiko

Thank you for your help!!! Is this the uniform of the Bonner K?nigshusaren where he was in 1870 or what uniform is this???

Heiko,

The photo is stamped 1906. I looked in the 1914 Rangliste and he is listed as being in Husaren-Regiment K?nig Wilhelm I (1. Rheinisches) Nr.7, which was stationed in Bonn, so I just now figured out that must be the Bonner K?nigshusaren you are referring to! :speechless:

Edited by Mike Dwyer

Well, since I had the day off today, instead of doing something useful around the house I just spent the last several hours trying to read the 1914 Rangliste and made a listing of his awards. I've probably made some mistakes, but here's what I came up with:

Prussia:

Schwartzer=Adler=Orden mit Kette und Brillanten

Kronen=Orden 1.Klasse

K?niglicher Haus=Orden von Hohenzollern Gro?komturkreuz

Johanniterorden Rechtsritter

Landwehrdienstauszeichnung 1.Klasse

Anhalt:

Albrecht des B?ren Orden Gro?kreuz

Baden:

Haus=Orden der Treue

Orden vom Z?hringer L?wen Gro?kreuz mit Eichenlaub

Bavaria:

Haus=Ritterorden von Heiligen Hubertus

Verdienstorden der Bayerischen Krone Gro?kreuz

Brunswick:

Heinrich des L?wen Orden Gro?kreuz

Hesse:

Ludewigs=Orden Gro?kreuz

Verdienstorden Phillip des Grossm?tigen Gro?kreuz

Lippe:

Lippischerhaus=Orden Ehrenkreuz 1.Klasse

Mecklenburg:

Orden der Wendischen Krone Gro?kreuz mit der krone in Gold

Greifenorden Gro?kreuz

Mecklenburg-Strelitzisches Verdienstkreuz fur Auszeichnung im Kriege

Oldenburg:

Haus=und Verdienstorden des Herzogs Peter Friedrich Ludwig Ehrengro?kreuz mit Kette und Gold Krone

Saxony:

Orden der Rautenkrone

Albrechts=Orden Gro?kreuz mit goldenem Stern

Saxon Duchies:

Sachsen=Ernestinischer Haus=Orden Gro?kreuz

Schaumburg-Lippe:

Schaumburg=Lippischer=Haus=Orden Ehrenkreuz 1.Klasse

W?rttemberg:

Orden der W?rttenbergischen Krone Gro?kreuz

Friedrichs=Orden Gro?kreuz mit Krone

Ethiopia:

Stern von ?thiopien Gro?kreuz

Belgium:

Leopold=Orden Gro?kreuz

Bulgaria:

St. Alexander-Orden Gro?kreuz mit Brillanten

China:

Orden vom doppelten Drachen 1.Klasse (not sure about the class on this one)

Denmark:

Elefantenorden

France:

Ehrenlegion Komtur

Greece:

Erl?serorden Gro?kreuz

Britain:

Viktoria=Orden Gro?kreuz

Japan:

Paullomnia=Orden

Italy:

Annunziaten Orden

St. Mauritus=und=Lazarus=Orden Gro?kreuz

Orden der Italienischer Krone Ritterkreuz

Monaco:

Orden des heiligen Karl Gro?kreuz

Montenegro:

Tschernagorischer Unabh?ngigkeitsorden Gro?kreuz

Netherlands:

L?wenorden Gro?kreuz

Austria-Hungary:

Ungarischer St. Stephan=Orden Gro?kreuz

Leopold-Orden Gro?kreuz

Orden der Eisernen Krone 3.Klasse

Persia:

L?wen=und=Sonnenorden, Orden der heiligkeit: Guds=Orden

L?wen=und=Sonnenorden, Gro?kreuz

Portugal:

Turm und Schwertorden Gro?kreuz mit Kette

Rumania:

Orden Karl I Gro?kreuz mit Kette

Stern von Rumanien Gro?kreuz

Orden der Rumanischen Krone Gro?kreuz

Russia:

St. Andreas=Orden mit Brillanten

Sweden:

Seraphim=Orden

Serbia:

Wei?er=Adler=Orden Gro?kreuz

Siam:

Wei?er=Elefants=Orden Gro?kreuz

Spain:

Goldenes Vlies

Karl III. Orden Gro?kreuz

Orden Isabella der Katholischen Komturkreuz mit Stern

Tuscany:

St. Josephs=Orden Gro?kreuz mit Brillanten

Ottoman Empire:

Goldene Imtiaz=Medaille

Silberne Imtiaz=Medaille

Nischan=i=Imtiaz

Osmanie=Orden 1.Klasse mit Brillanten

Tunisia:

Istikhar Gro?offizier

Edited by Mike Dwyer

Hi Mike,

thank you so much for this great help !!! Maybe it would have been easier to write down what orders he DID NOT receive........ :P Next time when you have a problem I will spend my day not in the garden but over the books !!!

best wishes

Heiko

Edited by HeikoGrusdat

Holy cow, he must have looked like a real "Weihnachtsbaum" when wearing all those orders.

I doubt any uniform fabric could've handled all of his awards at the same time. We've seen many members of this forum purchase separate ODMs to make up Von Richthofen's set... Can you imagine trying it with this guy?

I doubt any uniform fabric could've handled all of his awards at the same time. We've seen many members of this forum purchase separate ODMs to make up Von Richthofen's set... Can you imagine trying it with this guy?

I think you're absolutely right! Not only the fabric....I don't think there's enough room to put them. I may be off, but I believe he's got around 45 orders that have breast stars, even if he put them on both sides of his tunic, he couldn't possibly fit them all on there.

:Cat-Scratch: Bling? Meet General of Infantry Dr. Eduard von Peucker, 1791 - 1876. Here is an example that, in my opinion, approaches being something other than German - North Korea comes to mind.

Wish that I could make this picture larger so that you could really see the details of all this. :banger:

:Cat-Scratch: Bling? Meet General of Infantry Dr. Eduard von Peucker, 1791 - 1876. Here is an example that, in my opinion, approaches being something other than German - North Korea comes to mind.

Wish that I could make this picture larger so that you could really see the details of all this. :banger:

And if you count them... It is but a mere fraction of the number of ODMs our main character has...

Man, look at that Schwarzer Adler.

Unfortunally I can only see its star, would really like also to see the cross. That on his neck is "only" the RAO grand cross m.E. Just in case someone didn't notice. ;)

Unfortunally I can only see its star, would really like also to see the cross. That on his neck is "only" the RAO grand cross m.E. Just in case someone didn't notice. ;)

See, there's always someone around with a better set of eyes! I honestly hadn't noticed that the neck cross was the RAO, I thought it was the Black Eagle, but now I see that it isn't. :speechless:

Guest Rick Research

Aww, THAT'S not a Black Eagle and Red Eagle-Grand Cross combo... here's nicely understated elegance, "pure Prussian," everything else left off. Note the loops all over his tunic for squishing things in when he REALLY felt like dressing up. :rolleyes:

Black Eagle star and sash as is proper, and sash badge for Grand Cross of Red Eagle Order worn at the throat with...

swords on ring

crown

and

(huff puff)

oakleaves. :catjava:

.. - North Korea comes to mind.

Funny, that those Korean have the same bold head, not that I don't have one, but at least standing 6'4" :D

Everybody being awarded the Black Eagle Order was automatically holder of the Red Eagle Order "en satur" (on neck, as the french would say). Check this one out, it came from one of those folks and was presented on a small neck ribbon in a smal case just for the cross - no star. Maybe you find the little oddity hidden in this particular cross.

Aww, THAT'S not a Black Eagle and Red Eagle-Grand Cross combo... here's nicely understated elegance, "pure Prussian," everything else left off. Note the loops all over his tunic for squishing things in when he REALLY felt like dressing up. :rolleyes:

Black Eagle star and sash as is proper, and sash badge for Grand Cross of Red Eagle Order worn at the throat with...

swords on ring

crown

and

(huff puff)

oakleaves. :catjava:

Rick, I find it interesting that he wears his EK1 above his breast star of the Black Eagle. Usually you see the breast stars worn on top. Personal preference? Perhaps he tought the EK1 "said" a lot more than his Black Eagle. :rolleyes:

Edited by Mike Dwyer