News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The Magpie Presents!

This far from an area of expertise. Most of these I've gotten just because they're beautiful examples of the medallist's work. My all-time favorite from this area:

CZECHOSLOVAKIA - Order of the White Lion, Commander?s Cross for Civil (3rd Class) ? 1st Type, Neck badge, silver gilt, partially enameled, enameled suspension loop, hallmarked (900), maker?s mark ?KK? with original neck ribbon, Excellent condition

• Replies 79
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always feel that, if you've got a couple of the top orders, you need a few of the relevant campaign medals to keep them company.

CZECHOSLOVAKIA - War Cross 1918-19, EF

I. S. Wright (4/97), Sydney, 1998

Just look at the detail on these pieces! It is, I fear, a professionalism we shall never see again.

CZECHOSLOVAKIA - War Cross 1918-19, EF

I. S. Wright (48/97W), Sydney, 1998

CZECHOSLOVAKIA ? Revolutionary Cross 1914-18 with numeral "32", EF

What's the significance of the "32" device?

I . S. Wright, Sydney, 1998

Edited by Hugh

Unfortunately, the last of my Czechs. I'd love to have more.

CZECHOSLOVAKIA - Commemorative Cross for Volunteers, 1918-19 EF - (Actions in Slovakia against Bela Kun)

Reverse

I'd welcome translations on some of these.

CZECHOSLOVAKIA - Commemorative Cross for Volunteers, 1918-19 EF - (Actions in Slovakia against Bela Kun)

Edited by Hugh

Is this side truly the reverse? Seems much more grand than the other.

BULGARIA - Order of National Merit (Military), 5th Class, Breast Badge (Type II), w/ crown and swords c. 1945

Spink's, London, 11/92

Edited by Hugh

Guest Rick Research

A White Lion in the paw is very possibly the most beautiful Order ever made.

You have GOT to lose the stickers!!!! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

"32" is for the regiment, but don't remember whether that indicates Italian or French army. I had the Czech language book years ago explaining all this (in Czech :banger: ) but it moved on. :(

My Revolutionary Cross had no device at all, but what I remember is that it was hollow, with the front and back sides bent together showing poorly fitted gaps in the sides. Is yours like that? Have never seen another Czech award made that way.

A White Lion in the paw is very possibly the most beautiful Order ever made.

You have GOT to lose the stickers!!!! :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

"32" is for the regiment, but don't remember whether that indicates Italian or French army. I had the Czech language book years ago explaining all this (in Czech :banger: ) but it moved on. :(

My Revolutionary Cross had no device at all, but what I remember is that it was hollow, with the front and back sides bent together showing poorly fitted gaps in the sides. Is yours like that? Have never seen another Czech award made that way.

I promise, I promise, I'll get rid of the stickers the very next time I open the frame, which will probably be after my birthday in November.

Thanks for the poop on the regiment. I suppose your Czech book also listed precedence? Repeat after me, "I must never let go of any reference document, no matter how obscure, no matter what language." After all, you're Rick Research, and a role model for the rest of us mere mortals.

The hollow Revolutionary Cross sounds fascinating. Hard to imagine the Czechs, with their reputation for superb mechanical work, putting up with that. Mine appears to have been stamped from a fairly crisp die, but not on a par with the '14-18 medals.

Edited by Hugh

Very nice items but, I am waiting to see the Rumanian piece :P

Kevin in Deva, Transylvania.

OK, let me crank through the rest of the Bulgarians, and I'll get them up. You may have to stay up late.