News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, about Boer War Service papers to casualties, I was of the impression that no casualty papers existed for Boer War deaths? But I have seen a SA medal for sale to a soldier who died of disease with 4 pages of papers.

Can anyone shed any light? :food-smiley-004:

Gordon.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Can anyone tell me, about Boer War Service papers to casualties, I was of the impression that no casualty papers existed for Boer War deaths? But I have seen a SA medal for sale to a soldier who died of disease with 4 pages of papers.

Can anyone shed any light? :food-smiley-004:

Gordon.

there certainly are books detailing the casualties, i have lists of the manchester regiment casualties taken from a book (the mancs start at page 152)

chris

Cheers Guys, since posting this thread, I have bought a QSA medal to a Yeoman who died of entric fever, his serivce papers came with the medal. A few years back I had an RAMC QSA, again an entric fever victim, when I tried to get his papers, I was told that in those days they destroyed the papers, for soldiers who died on active service??

Whats interesing about my Yeoman is that he`d had previous service in the Yeomanry for years before, but his papers only cover the one year colour service during the Boer War, can anyone tell me whether, there maybe more papers for him somewhere, covering his earlier enlistment?