News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian Crown Medal, Congo?

unsure.gifHello,

I have this Crown Medal in my collection. I am pretty sure it is Belgian but I am trying to identify it. Is it for Belgian Congo Service? Thank you.unsure.gif

Hi James,

I had a look through my copy of Distinctions Honorifiques de la Belgique by Andre Charles Borne and could not find anything on this medal.

There is a reference to a "Insigne des agents Belges des services de renseignments de la guerre 1914-1918" which is a crown on a round medal, but it was only awarded as a lapel pin.

The book has images of crowns from the various periods, so if you can get a good closeup of the crown, I may be able to at least give you a timeframe. In any case, this medal does not appear to be an official one.

Jean-Paul

biggrin.gifWow! I found the answer myself. The medal is the FEDERATION DES ANCIENS COMBATTANTS (FAC) MEDAILLE DE LA RECONNAISSANCE PREMIÈRE CLASSE or FEDERATION OF WAR VETERANS (FAC) MEDAL OF THE RECOGNITION FIRST CLASS.jumping.gif