News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Carl Eduard Herzog von Sachsen-Coburg und Gotha Awards

The lower badge is Freikorps: Verdienstabzeichen for II. Marine-Brigade Wilhelmshaven (Ehrhardt).

The upper section reads "VERDIENSTUMS"

The middle section has a central oakleaf overlying a (l-r) black/white/red ribbon

The lower section reads "VATERLAND"

Regards

Mike

Hello Gentlemen,

I made a little research and found this collar tab in www.uniforminsignia.net

there is the only one that is more close with collar tab in the photo,but without the white piece.

the rank is bundesführer.

a honorary rank maybe??

Cheers

Wow......great picture !!! :jumping: Please what is the correct name for the flying award he is wearing??? OEK number?

Hi,

It would seem this is a flying club badge- see here in WARLORD'S thread:http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=5516&st=20

• 9 years later...

I'm resurrecting this thread to identify a couple of common fakes that were shown as genuine badges 10 years ago before these badges were identified as recent reproductions.

These fake badges show the sail as "luffing" (flapping, i.e. with creases running through the sail) which would never happen with a ship sailing full bore with the wind. Ehrhardt, as an experienced sailor would never have approved a badge with such a technical error as this. So, obviously, whoever created the new die for this badge never sailed a sailboat. If compared to the genuine Ehrhardt badges and the gilt Wilhelmshaven badge,  the mistake is obvious. There are other less obvious errors, which I don't want to identify, so as to not alert the fakers.

1665903547_Wilhelmshavenfakes.thumb.jpg.7cc6949ed9f4604192659752454dd10b.jpg

Edited by bolewts58

• 1 year later...
    On 25/08/2009 at 15:04, HeikoGrusdat said:

Wow......great picture !!! :jumping: Please what is the correct name for the flying award he is wearing??? OEK number?

"Sportkranz des Ringes der nationalen Kraftfahrt- und Luftfahrtbewegung (RKL) in Gold" ... Hühnlein and Göring also wore this badge.

Adolf_Hühnlein_III.jpg