News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lesotho

Megan

• 7 months later...

Dear Megan and other enthusiasts

Can anyone give me the name and address of a supplier of replacement medal ribbons for Lesotho medals?

I have three nice medals but, alas, unmounted and missing their ribbons.

Many thanks

William

• 5 months later...

Morning All

While bargain hunting on the net I stumbled onto these medals from Lesotho. The reason for posting is that there are a few subtle differences from the images Megan has posted previously on this subject.

The first difference I noticed is a change on the designs of I think the obverse sides of the Lesotho medals. I unfortunetily have no idea if the changes are new ones or changes that occured in the past. I found this design for the Gallantry Medal and the Meritorious Service Medal. The Police medals still have the designs as posted by Megan.

Judge for yourselves and enlighten me with answers if possible.

Regards

Norman

post-4861-055738700 1288775381_thumb.jpg

Edited by NPGilbert

......... Emmanuel says he's also seen this medal with a green & blue ribbon, possibly a later variant after Lesotho changed its flag in 1987.

Another ribbon variant on the Long Service and Good Conduct Medal of the Lesotho Police?

post-4861-087610000 1288775698_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
    • 1 year later...

Order of Mohlomi.

Hello to all, even if the award document is for Order of Mohlomi, the neck badge is : Most Courteous Order of Lesotho (with post 1987 ribbon).

Usually quote press pictures is not risk free. I remember a web site that was refering to General Tommy Franks being awarded the Order of Great Star of Djibouti, but actually he was awarded Commender of Orderof 27 June. Keep in mind that journalist understand approximatively close to 0 when it's about phaleristic.

Emmanuel

Edited by heusy68

Hello Emmanuel.

Yes, from the book -

Ordre de Mohlomi

Créé en 1972, l'ordre de Mohlomi récompense les services rendus au pays dans le domaine social. Il comporte trois classes.

Insigne: croix à quatre branches, en or, dont le centre est émaillé bleu; il est entouré d'une bordure d'émail rouge portant l'inscription «For Achievement»; le revers porte le nom et la date d'attribution.

Plaque: plaque composée de 16 branches de 3 rayons chacune, sur laquelle repose l'insigne de l'ordre.

Ruban: ruban bleu à liserés rouges, portant en son milieu trois petites lignes blanches.

But may be author of the book is wrong?

Anyway I try to find more information.

• 3 years later...
    • 3 years later...

Hello Gentlemen,

This Most Courteous Order of Lesotho, from Lesotho was for sale in a german auction house in June 2016

It's a First Class set. By the way, the sash badge of this set is NOT enameled. As this set was from the Ernst Blass Collection, I can bet that he was not bothered to put a 2nd Class neck badge on a sash badge. But I have no evidence to support it.

As I witnessed this set, I can state that the reverse of both breast star and sash badge, were hallmarked by Skinner of London. Sadly this sash was cut short on reverse, and glued on a board frame.

Ilja has posted on 31 August 2013, a photo from a Commander of this Order, with a different ribbon. That is because in 1987, Lesotho decided to change the ribbon colours, so both are correct.

Regards to all.

Emmanuel

Lesotho Order.jpg

Lesotho Order of Lesotho Grand Commander Sash badge.jpg

Edited by heusy68