News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

LW specialty and trade badges

I'll post some detail pictures of different construction styles. While it is obvious to us all there are reproductions we shouldn't forget military insignia manufacture in the TR was a "cottage" industry and there are going to be quite a few styles of construction on perfectly good insignia.

Garth,

Very nice! I am stiil looking for a farrier and US. I am also missing the search light without the side burst. (I do not remember the exact name.) Where did you wind up finding the farrier?

Bill

Edited by luftguy

Garth,

Very nice! I am stiil looking for a farrier and US. I am also missing the search light without the side burst. (I do not remember the exact name.) Where did you wind up finding the farrier?

Bill

Bill,

I found the farrier years ago at a show. I sold it to Mike Heuer when he was collecting and bought it back when he sold some of his material. I talked to Geo. Peterson one time about the farrier patch and he told me had only seen three in all his years of collecting LW.

Garth

Garth, John, and everyone ...

I have always had a weakness for the wire versions of these badges. Most of these are still in my collection and are hard to let go -- though I have been in the process of selling the collection now since April, as Garth mentions.

Enjoy,

Mike

Edited by Mike Heuer

Hi Mike, ye olde pilot ye. Welcome to the club, good to see you here. :beer:

Re the posting size, there is a probationary period before being given full member status (this will give you a higher posting allowance) which shouldn?t last long if you were to honour us with some of your insights and expertise into the wonderful world of Luftwaffe collecting.

In the meantime, if you use a smaller file size, you?ll be able to post some pretty decent sized pix.

Example, which is less than 60kb.

• 4 months later...

Why does one of the later flak(Garth's top photo )badges seem to be embroidered in a gold/yellow thread? I have never seen anything like it! Who would have worn something like this?