News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Unkown Tinnie - DM & Swazy -Motif

Hello Wood,

Thanks for the posting - I forgot to mention, that I'd looked through Tieste without success. I think you may be right saying its an organisation badge or it may be a large firms special badge. I take it, it not that collectible as they say in the antique road show ?

Regards

Hi Wood,

It seems your guess was right - its a organizations badge - a collector from another forum informs me DM = Deutsche Mannschaft, a organisation made up of ethnic Germans living in Crotia & Bosnia. Created June 1941 as a para-military militia for self-defence purposes fighting against partisans. It existed until 1943

Regards

This is what I was about to post yesterday, but the site locked up on me:-

I like badges like this, that keep you guessing until you stumble upon the answer.If the price seems reasonable, or the same as a tinnie, buy it.Regards,Pete

Did you buy it and how big is it?

Hi Wood,

After reading the posting from the third party collector and everything had sunk in - rare, rare, rare, ran through my mind, I was electrified, this morning I couldn't get round quick enough to the seller. Bought it - 30 euro - measures 2,1cm x 3,6cm, backing my judgment I think its one rare bird.

Regards