News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

...but other times, it comes like this!

Sometimes the things come to me with 70 years of dirt and dust. And sometimes - nice, clean and with fresh smell of washing machine powder :D:speechless: A grouping directly from the pilot's family! But the granddaughter, having no clue about collecting uniforms, has washed the tunics in the washing machine. Wonderful cleaned, indeed, but the shoulder boards of the summer parade tunic were ruined by the machine. Oh well, no big deal, they were moth damaged anyway, I'm still so happy with this wonderful historical grouping! :D

Yes, they are :cheers: Parade white summer jacket for the rank of Lt. He started his career as NCO, but was promoted to an officer. This uniform is Ca. 1942 - 1943. His service continued long after the war.

Edited by Theodor

THREE very full flight logbooks from 1938 to 1946 show his flight service - he flew really a lot, first on training and bomber aircraft, later /seems from 1942 or late 1941/ he became flight instructor in the Air Force. According to his own notes on a blank page in one book, till 1946 he had 1582,30 flight hours, including 160 at night.

And something also interesting, his Knemeyer DR2 flight instrument with a 1940 manual, published by the Air Force and stamped "Secret, for service use only!".