News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Help identifying aviation patch

• 3 weeks later...
    Guest Rick Research

How big is it?

The triangle motif may be some sort of clue to national origin, but doesn't look like anything I've ever seen.

Guest Rick Research

I can't get past my first impression that this is perhaps ESTONIAN, because of the triangle. Pilots' badges had an eagle clutching the blue/black/white flag tricolor in a triangle, but this is not an aircrew badge.

The plane makes me think of the fat "Focke Wulf"-ish Ameican planes (maker eludes me) in use in Finalnd in 1939.

Then again, this could be something completely non-military.

If it IS military, try for one of the Baltic republics.

I can't get past my first impression that this is perhaps ESTONIAN, because of the triangle. Pilots' badges had an eagle clutching the blue/black/white flag tricolor in a triangle, but this is not an aircrew badge.

The plane makes me think of the fat "Focke Wulf"-ish Ameican planes (maker eludes me) in use in Finalnd in 1939.

Then again, this could be something completely non-military.

If it IS military, try for one of the Baltic republics.

Brewster Buffalo - not exactly a performer like the FW - this is certainly not Hungarian... but I would lean towards the Estonian with the triangle motiff. It could also be a sport plane association...

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...

Dutch regulations of the pre WW II period show no such insignia. It could be Finnish, as they have issued a lot commemorative badges and patches. Question could be asked at Finnishawards, a very interestin and informative forum.

• 1 month later...