News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Czech medals I.D. help wanted

Can any body give me information on the following three Czech medals.

1 War Medal 1943-44 issued by the Czech govt in England[?]

2 SIO Medal

3 ROH Medal

Would like to know if anyof these were awarded to Partisans or members of the vrs resistance orgainsations.

Thanks and have an uncomplicated day

Aussie

A VERY interesting Czech group of international medal documents just sold on ebay that might answer your question. Along with the mans' partisan badges (I have his bio. in the CIA's 1989 Warsaw Pact Who is Who book) were a slew of other documents. I believe the war medal you refer to is the one with the eagle and the yellow (mostly) ribbon? If so, he got one.

I do not know what an SIO and ROH medal is/are though.

A VERY interesting Czech group of international medal documents just sold on ebay that might answer your question. Along with the mans' partisan badges (I have his bio. in the CIA's 1989 Warsaw Pact Who is Who book) were a slew of other documents. I believe the war medal you refer to is the one with the eagle and the yellow (mostly) ribbon? If so, he got hone. I do not know what an SIO and ROH medal is/are though.

Thanks. Can anybody tell a person [me] with 0 [zero] computer ability how to insert an image on a post.

Have an uncomplicated day

Aussie

1. click on "reply" button then-

2. type text

3. look below reply box to "Attachments" -click on "Browse" tab, which should take you to the uploaded image in your computers' pictures file. Click upon image desired.

when the picture marker text appears within the "browse box" (usually takes 30 seconds or so),

then -

4. Click upon RED "Attach this File" box at bottom

5. Click upon "Add reply" button...and....

-Viola! :cheers:

Attempted to attach images but received this error message “Error you aren't permitted to upload this kind of file”. However here is a description of the three medals.

1 – The war medal WWII 1944-45 supposedly issued by the Czech gov in exile. It is a bronze medal suspended from a red ribbon it is a Hollow Laurel wreath bisected by a sword with the tip protruding from the bottom. A rampart lion is on the base of the Laurel wreath.

2 – The SLO medal is bronze suspended from a metal bar with the Slogan “SLO’ the medal has a Woman on the left with a slung weapon on the right shoulder. A “Farmer?” is in the medal with both hands holding a rifle horizontal across his body, to his left is another male figure holding a rifle vertical at the top is a Czech flag.

3 – Roh medal suspended from a red ribbon with twin vertical white stripes the suspension is a shell/fan. The medal depicts the Word (?) ROH on a banner which is central overlaying rays. The center is surrounded by the words “ZA PRACI PRO ROZVO(.) ROH”

Many apps for all the drama.

Thanks again and have an uncomplicated day

Aussie

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2009/post-7312-125495290589.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2009/post-7312-125495293844.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_10_2009/post-7312-125495296309.jpg

Success success.

I give many many thanks for the advice / assistance.

Now I will have an uncomplicated day and so my you.

Aussie

• 1 month later...

slo medal could be slovakian partisans any text at the rev makersmark?

it looks know to me,have had a friend(killed in the yugoslavia confilct)at the military academy in 1990 and i believe i have had this medal also in bulk as we sent our montly tradingboxes to each other dutch/belgium/west germanybundeswehr items for cssr/csfr items but at that time he dont speak english and i dont understand any czechoslovakian except pivo

revolucni odborove hnuti 'Revolutionary Trade Union Movement',='ROH'

text on the medal za praci = for works - pro rozvo = towards sometimes it is hard find the right word it is a kind of merit medal of the trade union

ROH exist from late 1945 - march/april 1990

membership was on voluntary base but join them means of course any benifits

the other medal is the war medal for czechoslovakian soldier outside the land called pametni medaile ceskoslovenske armady v zahranici

awared with clasps sssr =russia

velka britanie - u.k.

francie = france

sredni vychod = middle east

made in londen during 43-44

prague 1945

prague by zukov marked with a small z at the reverse 1945 -47

kremnice now slovakia old state mint

and not 100% sure also in moscow for a short time as far as i understand they told me a few years ago at the military fair in ostrava only held there one time not a big succues

about 15 years ago a friend of mine obtain in poland this cotton ribbon more than 1000 meter on a fleamarket seems that the ribbon was made in poland was complete with factorylabel.

ribbon was used here to in holland to complete unknow/uncomplete medals mostly from belgium from a nice ribbon and sell them here on fleamarkets

slo medal could be slovakian partisans any text at the rev makersmark?

it looks know to me,have had a friend(killed in the yugoslavia confilct)at the military academy in 1990 and i believe i have had this medal also in bulk as we sent our montly tradingboxes to each other dutch/belgium/west germanybundeswehr items for cssr/csfr items but at that time he dont speak english and i dont understand any czechoslovakian except pivo

revolucni odborove hnuti 'Revolutionary Trade Union Movement',='ROH'

text on the medal za praci = for works - pro rozvo = towards sometimes it is hard find the right word it is a kind of merit medal of the trade union

ROH exist from late 1945 - march/april 1990

membership was on voluntary base but join them means of course any benifits

the other medal is the war medal for czechoslovakian soldier outside the land called pametni medaile ceskoslovenske armady v zahranici

awared with clasps sssr =russia

velka britanie - u.k.

francie = france

sredni vychod = middle east

made in londen during 43-44

prague 1945

prague by zukov marked with a small z at the reverse 1945 -47

kremnice now slovakia old state mint

and not 100% sure also in moscow for a short time as far as i understand they told me a few years ago at the military fair in ostrava only held there one time not a big succues

about 15 years ago a friend of mine obtain in poland this cotton ribbon more than 1000 meter on a fleamarket seems that the ribbon was made in poland was complete with factorylabel.

ribbon was used here to in holland to complete unknow/uncomplete medals mostly from belgium from a nice ribbon and sell them here on fleamarkets

Many Many thanks to all who responded. Many appol for delay but have been in the middle of Australia for the last couple of weeks. Once again thanks and have an uncomplicated day

Aussie

• 1 month later...

SLO medal is yugoslav, actually Slovenian.

In this case, SLO means Splošni ljudski odpor (general people's resistance) and it 's a commemorative medal instituted and awarded in Slovenia (then part of SFR Yugoslavia) in 70's and 80's. Approx. 8.000 awarded. It depicts people's resistance - a woman, a farmer, an armed worker and a kid - a partisan's messenger. This medal was awarded to former (WW2) members of resistance (usually those who weren't in partisan units, but supporters and concealed resistance members on the occupied territory), but also to people who merited in post-war defence-strengthening activities etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

ROH was the communists organization which allowed people to travel abroad for vacation. In third reich was similar organization KdF..

regards Pepe

Pepe, if you are from Bohemia you should know what was ROH. Simply Trade Union.

Regards

Hello,

ROH was the communists organization which allowed people to travel abroad for vacation. In third reich was similar organization KdF..

regards Pepe

Pepe, if you are from Bohemia you should know what was ROH. Simply Trade Union.

Regards