News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EK1 "AWS"

A last one before my holliday....not a real beauty,but always wanted(when I look for how much they are going at ebay..)This EK was shurely made in the 20ies-there' are some other variations known:flat backplate with hallmark and silvercontent stamp,dito screwback,the pillowback with screw...dito with double screw...but hard to get as you know!

Anyway-here are the pics...

Micha

This one in the same condition between 200 and 230?.........everything under 200? would be a good deal!Screwbacks are more and a double screw is hitting easily the 300?.......These prices are a pain-but what to do? So now you know what I'm looking for the next year :D

Micha

Edited by Motorhead

micha-

this is one that deserves a spot in the collection

for many reasons, not the least of which is

that intriging back plate.

what ARE they going for on e-bay? elsewhere?

thanks,

joe

I paid 275 Euro for this one a while back.

To quote Detlev, "W: 43,31 mm H: 43.32 mm Weight: ...Let's keep this one secret. Don't wanna give the fakers too much help :ninja:

Tom, Joe...

Thanks! I have one that's almost a dead ringer for yours, Tom. I was comparing mine to some of my wartime ones, a while back and noticed it was larger than the typical WWI crosses, and then started wondering when the AWS "pillowbacks" were made.

Les

Hi,

Bob, be careful back at you! I can proove the AWS logo as seen in this thread belongs to A. Werner & Sohn Berlin. Can you proove the A.W.S. initials on WK2 PKAs belongs to Arno Walpach? :P

Nice examples in this thread, especially 925 marked that broad pin example!

The one at the top of the thread looks more like a silver plated example though?

Regards

Mike K

Hi, Mike! Considering rules of evidence and such I don't believe I can prove that AWS stands for Arno Walpach anymore than I can prove that you are living upside down on the planet but you are. :P

Just for fun go ahead and prove your point. ;) By the way have a wonderful holiday even if you have to celebrate in the middle of the summer. :speechless1::speechless1::speechless1:

Edited by Bob Hunter

Hi,

Bob, I'm looking forward to an upright Christmas and watching Santa arrive on his surfboard :cheers:

OK, re proof, I present the following over the next few posts;

This cross, with the marking enlarged....

Edited by Mike K